News: Lyon ruled out for 2-3 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
<p>MANLY co-captain and NSW five-eighth Jamie Lyon has a right ankle partial tear and will miss State of Origin II in another blow to the battered Blues' bid to beat Queensland. <strong>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4829-lyon-ruled-out-for-2-3-weeks.html">Read the full article</a>

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
gonna be a tough period for us now dont give a toss about him missing Origin 2

here here  i 2nd that part about origin who gives a ****..

Well that sucks. Don't we have another bye in there somewhere??? Therefore, if he's out three games, we may only see him out two for us, worst case???

Next 5 rounds

Broncos (H)
Titans (A)
Rabbits (H)
Panthers (A)
BYE

I reckon we'll be lucky to have him back before the bye.  I honestly can't recall a time where one of our guys gets injured and then comes back earlier or on time.  It's always been a lingering thing that stretches on a week or two.  But that could just be me and my warped brain thinking this up

Sitting in 2nd spot i'd be happy if we gave Foran another week or 2 to get right and threw some QLD cup/TC players in for a run.

Maybe:

Robbo (Not best at fb but allows Farrar to cover centres where he has been good in the past)
T Rex
Whare
Farrar
Hoppa (not sure what other options we have)
Bailey (Or GS)
Hodko
Perry
Ballin
Kingy
Choc
Rodney
Glenn (Or Bailey)

Rose
Cross
Kite
Buhrer

Chip & Chase link said:
Next 5 rounds

Broncos (H)
Titans (A)
Rabbits (H)
Panthers (A)
BYE

I`d like to think we should be able to win all those , having jamie out for the 1st 2 is a bit hard for them.. but  if our forwards just keep rolling along we should do it,
foran back is a bonus... it would be lovely come round 17  & we are sitting on 26points..with 9 games to go ..

Douggie, my team:-

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
04. Chris Bailey
05. Tony Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. George Rose
15. Matt Cross
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

And yeah - I named Bailey :(

Good team Ryan.  That's quite a powerful bench.  The centre pairing, marking Folau is the only worry.  Although his mind might be in the AFL cloud.  Let's hope Big T goes up for the cross field chips and bombs, or at least can run blocks for the others.   

eggson link said:
I reckon we'll be lucky to have him back before the bye.  I honestly can't recall a time where one of our guys gets injured and then comes back earlier or on time.  It's always been a lingering thing that stretches on a week or two.  But that could just be me and my warped brain thinking this up

It's not just you eggson. My wife continually goes on about that same thing. It's hard to argue sometimes especially when you see Keating back in three weeks after supposedly being gone for 6-8.

I am quite concerned about the next couple of games without lyon and matai. The backline named for this week has foran in the centres; probably a good idea to try and match folau's threat but we now have a very inexperienced backline with lots of new combinations in the defensive line. Not good against the broncos backline run by lockyer. We will have to dominate up front bigtime to stop them cutting us up out wide.

there are rumours of michael chapman slotting into the wing position he has been training with the top squad since november and mail has it has been killing it up with the feeder team sunshine coast bagging three tries in there 40 nil win last week or they may put bailey there and foran half...

eaglemarn link said:
there are rumours of michael chapman slotting into the wing position he has been training with the top squad since november and mail has it has been killing it up with the feeder team sunshine coast bagging three tries in there 40 nil win last week or they may put bailey there and foran half...

Who would move from the wing, and to where would they go? Would Des put T Rex back into the centres after his 1st game this season, did he really go that badly? I think he was harshly judged at times after that game.

I' d prefer to see Foran move to the centres with Glenn at 5/8 over Bailey. Keep the wings and fullback as they are.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8