1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Jamies's worth the wait

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>THERE was a time earlier this year when it seemed Jamie Buhrer’s luck would never change.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5110-jamiess-worth-the-wait.html">Read the full article</a>

2. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    This kid will definetley be worth the wait . From what I've seen of him particularly in the NYC, he reminds me a lot of OJ Cunningham .
    All we need is just a little patience .

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    How is this kid in our team? I thought Des was allergic to young forwards  :)
    From the glimpses I've seen, and a couple of opinions I've heard from people who ought to know, Jamie can play. He does look small but not nearly as small as he looked at the start of the year. Des must have had him doing extras with Georgie.

4. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Nice story, feel a bit sorry for family friends and girlfriend that went down to Melbourne and he didn't get on. Wonder if they were sitting near us.

5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    never really rated him highly in juniors, obviously, tough kid, used to play hooker, now lock, hope I'm wrong. Looked a  midget against Roosters.

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    He must be a origin player in waiting then  ;)

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,129 / 288
    Like I say Darren mate, everybody said these exact same things about Glenn Stewart, and he turned into a machine.

You can't deny Buhrer hasn't improved exponentially from his first game???

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    What does this sentence actually mean?

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,129 / 288
    [/quote]

His improvement has been out of sight mate since his debut. Exponentially in my context means increasing at a rapid and rising rate, rather than an even gradual improvement.

10. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    hahaha. Maybe Dan needs to add a thesaurus function as well. 

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,129 / 288
    But I think we all have to agree. Really, he was one of our best last weekend against The Chooks.

I rate him (I hope that doesn't curse the poor kid ;) )

12. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I wont write a young kid off after 1 game.  Although I am still worried if he will cut it or not but he was pretty good last weekend.  And as you said, Stewart was small when he first started and we all said the same.  Now look at him. 

13. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    [/quote]

His improvement has been out of sight mate since his debut. Exponentially in my context means increasing at a rapid and rising rate, rather than an even gradual improvement.
    [/quote]
    So can we deny it or not? :)

14. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Hehe, now I see your point SER8. Wake up Rhino.