1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Hopoate pleads guilty

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    EX-NRL player turned bouncer John Hopoate has admitted assaulting a nightclub patron, a court hearing he was provoked but responded "excessive self-defence.

Read the full article

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I haven't followed the story and I dont know all the facts, but is it safe to say he killed the guy?

3. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Hoppa isn't the one who attacked the guy who died mate. I gotta say, i'm 6 foot 6 and about 125 kg and i don't go provoking bouncers anywhere, let alone the cross. To a degree, they asked for it!

4. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Hoppa was charged with assualt on the brother of the guy who died from what I understand, not on the guy who died.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    If the club were to pay Hoppas legal bill that wouldn't count against the salary cap would it ? .....just a thought.

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Why would the club pay his legal bills?

Additionally call me selfish but I hope William notes the support given by the club to his father

7. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Ah I see. Was gonna say how can that be but anyway.

For what reason would the club pay his legal bills? Thats like paying for Menzies or Lyons bills...

As for appearing a suspect way of paying a current player, even if they were inclined to do so i doubt they would.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You answered your own question.

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Well, only if they're going to examine the golden handshakes Crowe and Tinkler will be giving to ex players ......