News: Hasler stands firm on NRL treatment of Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Angry Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler launched two extraordinary attacks on NRL chief executive David Gallop yesterday as the club demands reasons as to why Brett Stewart was suspended for four weeks in 2009.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5404-hasler-stands-firm-on-nrl-treatment-of-stewart.html">Read the full article</a>

Good on the club for this.  As I've posted, there was no evidence in the Court that Brett was drunk.  I attended every day for every minute and paid attention to what was said.  The prosecutor, DPP,  tried to prove that that Brett was drunk but failed dismally.  I just don't know where Gallop gets this idea.  News Ltd would be my guess.  I just don't get why he's repeating the slur. 

I firmly believe the club has done a great job exposing Gallops inconsistencies and double standards to the RL community.
He must now either resign or apologise. Nothing else will make this go away. No sweeping under the carpet on this one.

We all know what the 4 weeks and $100K were for supposed to be for BUT we all know what it was REALLY for. Gallop has stuffed up in a huge way and is now boxed in a corner, he has no way out other than to ride this through (which he will)....our calls for his resignation will just be falling in deaf ears I am afraid.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299614453[/time]

Geez you are up early WAMF

Yes I am Mark. Getting the body clock back into work mode after 2.5 weeks of sleeping in every day.

You're right Mark.
Gallop will somehow ride this through & in 6 months the media will have told everyone what a good job he's done until they're all back on side, completely forgetting all this ever happened.

Why have we left it till the week before the comp starts to make this a big story.

Should have been ongoing for the past 2 years...It cant be good for the boys IMO.

No under the farkin radar this year by the looks of it!!!!!!

are you serious Frogz?

until the Marshall/Carney issue they had nothing to base any double standards whine on, thats why it has started up now.

What...gallen, Willie mason, Thurston...Lockyer and teh broncos boys in the toilet....etc etc....There have been many instances prior to these couple

Mark from Brisbane link said:
We all know what the 4 weeks and $100K were for supposed to be for BUT we all know what it was REALLY for. Gallop has stuffed up in a huge way and is now boxed in a corner, he has no way out other than to ride this through (which he will)....our calls for his resignation will just be falling in deaf ears I am afraid.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299614453[/time]

Geez you are up early WAMF

You're right that we have no direct control over what Gallop or the NRL says or does. And Gallop may do exactly as you suggest.  

And this is a chess game.  Gallop has taken a high risk, reckless strategy.  He has set his own trap with a winning strategy against disempowered novices, but a losing one against someone who knows how to play.  Novices submit and concede when his queen takes their rook, but we stand strong and trap his queen, take his rook and bishop, or checkmate.  His choice.

Rex link said:
Novices submit and concede when his queen takes their rook, but we stand strong and trap his queen, take his rook and bishop, or checkmate.  His choice.

Sometimes you are in a world I'm not sure I belong to Rex. :)

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186721.msg321064#msg321064 date=1299627003]
Novices submit and concede when his queen takes their rook, but we stand strong and trap his queen, take his rook and bishop, or checkmate.  His choice.

[/quote]

Neither am i,im still trying to get over the pawn

Shane link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186721.msg321066#msg321066 date=1299627329]
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186721.msg321064#msg321064 date=1299627003]

[/quote]

Neither am i,im still trying to get over the pawn
[/quote]

That's gold.  Love ya post :)

"There were even suggestions last night that Stewart may consider taking legal action against Gallop, who continues to claim that the former Test fullback was drunk at the function."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/gallop-takes-bite-at-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226018059563

Sue him Brett.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8