1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Farrar not happy

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>HOW would you feel if you had come up with the winning play two Sundays in a row? Well, if you're Ben Farrar, the answer would be filthy.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4235-farrar-not-happy.html">Read the full article</a>

2. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    PREMIERS Manly were so disappointed with their inept performance against Cronulla yesterday that they refused to sing their team song. It is the first time it has happened in a decade.

Sea Eagles official Peter Peters said coach Des Hasler was so agitated at his side's form he decided not to sing the team song.

"Des usually initiates the song but he didn't do it- he made the decision," Peters said.

"Des gave his thoughts on the match and it finished there."

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I noted that the usual walk around the field to be acclaimed by the fans did not happen either. Saved a lot of fruit and abuse from being hurled in my opinion.

For the first time ever, I went for the exit, the moment the game finished - Corso Pete, who I passed, was just as digusted as I was!!!

4. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    No guesses as to what Des told the team what his thoughts were on the game. 

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      The question is - do the team think they can win the comp, or do they even want to win the comp?  All the dressing room tirades in the world will be ineffectual if the answer to either is no.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Do the defending Premiers really need to be told. They themselves know that what they served up was below par by a long shot.

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Actually Canteen they did wander around the ground, but about twenty metres in.  I gave Rosey a cheer.  It was flat for sure.

8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
     The question is - do the team think they can win the comp, or do they even want to win the comp?  All the dressing room tirades in the world will be ineffectual if the answer to either is no.
    [/quote]

That is the problem in winning a comp, the hunger has been taken out of this team.  Many players have achieved their ambitions/goals.

Missing the finals this year may have sharpen their focus for 2010, I am afraid that if we go into week 2 or 3 on this years final series it will be seen as acceptable and we will be served up more of the same next season as well.

9. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I was walking for the exit as soon as Orford took the final conversion.  I normally hang around and give them a clap but not yesterday.