1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Des Hasler praises Manly young gun Will Hopoate

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>MANLY young gun Will Hopoate made a strong case for holding a permanent spot in the centres with a dominant performance in the Sea Eagles' 26-12 NRL win over Newcastle.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5463-des-hasler-praises-manly-young-gun-will-hopoate.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,770 / 258
    Agree, superstar in the making....Crusher can pick them well can't he, remember when he was signed at 16 and people said WTF!

3. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    We can partly thank Max for that as well. He loved John and was always adamant that at least one of his sons would end up in the maroon & white.

4. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I have a bad feeling he might get some massive offers from other clubs and we will struggle to keep him :(

5. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    struggle, but not fail......

6. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,908 / 27
    Chin up Dave, I don't think the club will let him get away.

7. Sooty Fan

Sooty Fan Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just  hope his father is not his manager!
    It could end up ugly! :)

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Delmege's loyalty to Hoppa snr, when it seemed everyone including a great many here jumped on the media bandwagon, may well have been the telling factor in Hoppa jnr signing.  And this Hoppa jnr may not be the last.

I haven't yet seen David Williams get credit for Hoppa's first try.  Even with Hoppa's strength, without Wolfman's quick thinking the try doesn't get scored. Wolfman had a great game, playing injured.

9. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Well at this stage he is easily the first pick if anyone of the current top line back 5 (B Stewart, D Williams, Matai, Lyon, Robertson) are unavailable.  

With injuries/suspensions/test matches/city country/origin, he'll play about half the games at least this year, and will soon have a full time position, possibly on the wing for Robertson.  

At 19 i think it's best if he isn't made to play every single week.  Ease him in to it.

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Crusher can pick them but with all due respect it wouldn't have taken much to notice his talent.  Its like the Roosters Peter O'Sullivan claiming to be a great judge of talent because he spotted GI and Folau.  Real hard to pick out the kid scoring with every touch, who is twice as fast and bigger than all the other kids that he might be worth chasing.

As for keeping Hoppa.  We are probably lucky in a way he's off contract this year because if it was 2012 or 13 than we might have a couple of new clubs in the picture who would be willing to spend bucketloads on a kid as talented as he is.  I'm a little worried he will be tempted but hopefully will stay, but what we need to do is find a spot for him in our starting 13 each week.

11. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Can't have been... it was all Penn and Zorba for sure. ;)

More serioulsy it was great to see him and hopefully he's a one club man.

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Young Hoppa gave Junior Sau a bath yesterday, impressive effort considering Sau is no slouch and a pretty solid human himself.

13. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Surely it's a no brainer to re-sign hoppa to a nice contract, with trex off contract this year, and maybe cross?

14. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I love the guy but im looking at Robbo to be cut for Hoppa
    Its definatly heartbreaking but its pretty much what would be right in a proffesional sense

15. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Absolutely. Robbo is an excellent player, but for how long (and for how much) will he be able to continue his quality? In terms of looking at the future, Hoppa is the way to go with Robbo moving to the UK.

16. shawn.b

shawn.b Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +54 / 0

Totally agree with that. Hoppa showed great strength but ithout Wolfman hitting & moving the pack he doesnt score.

17. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Absolutely. Robbo is an excellent player, but for how long (and for how much) will he be able to continue his quality? In terms of looking at the future, Hoppa is the way to go with Robbo moving to the UK.
    [/quote]

I hope he moves to France or Warrington

18. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,770 / 258
    Pity, one of the clubs greatest servants...but time moves on doesn't it.

19. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    It does Mark,its very sad......i dont want him to go but someone has to accommodate Hoppa Jnr.....Wolfman has all his speed still.....Robbos is falling and in my opinion will not be part of the top 17 in the near future....i'll miss him alot

20. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Such a durable player and still knows how to find the line, i think he still has at least another year in him.