News: Big Signing for Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
 <strong>The NRL's hottest off-contract property has finally settled on a new home, Brisbane Broncos forward David Taylor agreeing to terms with South Sydney for 2010.</strong>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/big-signing-for-souths.html">Read the full article</a>

I don't know Cliffy IF he gets his attitude right he might be a good buy for the bunnies. But thats a big if.

Jeez that forward pack is starting to come together for them isn't it

Taylor has lots of ability but if he's going to be successful he needs to improve his stamina. The broncos dropped him because he didn't play many minutes.

slowly falling apart??

Have a look at some of the young guns they have blooded this season, mix that with a few big names such as Falou and Hodges in the backs, and the likes of Thaiday and Parker in the forwards, and they won't be going down the table fast.

add an old head like Lockyer in there, and the fact that they will have plenty of coin to spend by not paying overs for Taylor and Hunt etc, and they will still be a threat for a while.

Taylor goes OK in fits and spurts.  I saw him play in a Qld Cup game last week.  He's big and makes a dent, but there's a few errors in his game and I've heard he's a lazy trainer.  But that said, Souths are putting together a formidable, if a little old and lazy, forward pack.  Their backs are not very good however.  injury prone and overrated imo. 

Fro link said:
slowly falling apart??

Have a look at some of the young guns they have blooded this season, mix that with a few big names such as Falou and Hodges in the backs, and the likes of Thaiday and Parker in the forwards, and they won't be going down the table fast.

add an old head like Lockyer in there, and the fact that they will have plenty of coin to spend by not paying overs for Taylor and Hunt etc, and they will still be a threat for a while.

Honestly who pays 400,000 a season for a centre that plays on the wing. Lockyer will probably play another two seasons before jetting of to play ESL. "YoYo" Thaiday is up and down on a week to week basis. If you have been noticing this year Wallace has been taking more responsibility. I do believe that they will be a top eight side for the next few years while they have this side together. But if there players start realising that they can get more money elsewhere they will go i.e Stagg, Hennant

Souths seem to make an offer for anyone who comes onto the market.  They don't seem to have much of a strategic plan.  And I wonder if they are getting ready to off load Wing to afford Crocker and this big guy in 2010.  A few will have to leave.  

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8