News: Big George helping charge to the finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" /><p>AS reigning premiers and current world club champions the Manly Sea Eagles have more than their share of stars and cult figure players but unfashionable George Rose is now giving them all a run for their money. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4140-big-george-helping-charge-to-the-finals.html">Read the full article</a>

I don't mean this in a harsh way, but when George 1st came here, I thought and felt it was a novel thing having him in the team. A bit of fun if you will.

Now, I see him as an integral part of the team. In fact, I personally believe if you look at FORM, both George Rose and probably Jason King would be the two starting props (stop giving those penalties away Jason !).

Now I know they won't start a game with Perry / Kite off the bench, I was just suggesting a form thing.

I had a conversation with Grant Mayer probably two years ago about George Rose, and Grant was glowing in his praise of him, and suggested that under the tutaleage of Dessie, Georgie could be anything.

In fact, if he kept this up, I don't care what anyone says, or how they respond, I think George could play representative football VERY easily.

Ryan link said:
I don't mean this in a harsh way, but when George 1st came here, I thought and felt it was a novel thing having him in the team. A bit of fun if you will.

Now, I see him as an integral part of the team. In fact, I personally believe if you look at FORM, both George Rose and probably Jason King would be the two starting props (stop giving those penalties away Jason !).

Now I know they won't start a game with Perry / Kite off the bench, I was just suggesting a form thing.

I had a conversation with Grant Mayer probably two years ago about George Rose, and Grant was glowing in his praise of him, and suggested that under the tutaleage of Dessie, Georgie could be anything.

In fact, if he kept this up, I don't care what anyone says, or how they respond, I think George could play representative football VERY easily.

I thought the same thing, he's just the sort of player NSW desperately need off the bench. I think he'd be a chance next year if he can keep his form up, but I think his, er, girth will count against him in the selectors minds.

Prop Pentathlon star, try-scoring whiz, deadly impact player.  We should appoint big George as the patron Saint of football.  

At least then the red and white army could finally be assured that St. George has a good shot at a premiership without habitually choking.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8