1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Adam Cuthbertson signs with Cronulla Sharks

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SilentBob, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    <span class="story-summary-bold">MANLY back-rower Adam Cuthbertson last night signed a two-year deal with the Sharks. </span>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/3993-adam-cuthbertson-signs-with-cronulla-sharks.html">Read the full article</a>

2. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    At full-strength, he doesn't make the team, so we are losing a depth player on good money.

Sad to see an actual local junior go, though. But Sharks? May as well cut your legs off.

3. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    I understand this, of course, but Cuthbo leaving upsets me way more than Mayer going. As nita said in another thread, he's a Manly boy through and through - just the kind of local talent I'd love to see us keeping.
    I still think he's a hugely talented player, and before he got injured this season he was one of our best - one of the only forwards showing any ticker in a badly beaten side, really. And I've always loved watching big lugs like Cuthbo who can split the line and throw a lovely pass. Not enough of it in footy these days.
    Good luck at the Sharks, Cuthbo.

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    To injury prone and those off-loads.  Many mistakes in his game and we'll miss Hall more than Cuthbo.  Why on earth would anyone go to the Sharks.  Look at that cesspit of losers.

5. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    hes only young though. Mistakes he would have corrected. Was one of our best this year before injury. Sad to see him go.

6. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    It will be good for him and the sharks, after all sharks NEED a player like cuthbo to create something whereas we have already got that. We need a hard toiler and a less riskier version of cuthbo aka Rose.

SO with Cuthbo freeing up some cash
    Orford taking a pay cut
    Hall leaving

thats realistacally around $300k+ to spend ($100k each)

then lets say woolfman is now on $150k from $55k
    robertson on equal money

so we have lets say $200k to spend/resign players on, which will cover for contracts choc, g stewart and another player.

7. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I LOVED his offloads! Normally I hate them (as Manly players for some reason are awful at them), but for Cuthbo.. He made your heart go into your mouth for a sec, but more often that not he'd pull it off!

Very sad to see him go. Good local guy.  :'(

That said.. if you asked me if we could keep cuthbo or Wolfy and/or Wangmwan, I would have been screaming for cuthbo's head

8. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Shame to see him go, he's got a lot of potential and he's only young. Deadlyeagle is right about Rose and his offloads compared to Cuthbos. Adam always seemed to pick the wrong time to let it go and it obviously annoyed the **** out of Des. Still it's a shame to lose players like Adam and I hope he does well at the Sharks.

Where does that leave T Williams? Do people still think he'll go into the fowards with no wing spot available at full strangth? He'd do ok in the second row but he's on a lot to be sitting out games.

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Des bought Williams as a forward, and that is where he will end up

Like Cuthbo, sad to see him go, but can live with sacrificing him to strengthen the club

10. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    pretty much agree with most of you,am sad to see a local junior go,but it will free up some money and if i personally had to choose anyone to go it probably would have been cuthbo.

11. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All the very best to cuthbo at the sharks the down side it's never good to see a good local junior leave a club.