• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don’t consider myself a snowflake , nor do I consider myself a racist.

But that advertisement could have been done SO much better just concentrating on football.

Use the Tina Turner part, cut to the little girl ( that was great), then finish up again with Tina.

And cut out all the Woke / PC bull**** that’s basically irrelevant!!

That was awesome. Was that Byso at 1:40 ?
You should send that to the PR ppl at Manly.
That should get played at every Brookie game prior
to the players running out.
I’m not afraid to admit it, I got a full mongrel watching that.
What's the chances of slipping the big screen guy 100 bucks to flip it up @ brookie sometime?
In all honesty thou the PC brigade would want all the fighting taken out which would be a bloody travesty.
The new NRL ad is such a political piece of crap.
Celebrate the game for what it is. 2 teams going into battle. If I could get my hands on just a 10th of the NRL archive I could whip together a reel that would make the hairs stand up not only on your neck but for most on silvertails all the way to your arse crack and beyond ( excluding bozo as I'm not sure theres a hair anywhere near him after seeming that selfie last year he posted)

Hahaha people get so triggered

We have celebrated Provan and Summons embracing as opposition after a hard fought grand final for half a century and its our trophy for heavens sake

But when two females players who are actually partners embrace and share a quick kiss after a hard fought grand final people lose it?

It was an iconic image, of course it should be celebrated

Also one of the games current superstars embracing his heritage, highlighting that NRL is an inclusive game for all....why not?

As a society today we just seem to want to get riled up over everything hahaha
Agree, and I thought it was respectful of the NRL to show an Aboriginal man, and a very good NRL player, displaying his pride in his heritage - it's not political pointscoring, it's just about respect. If Cliffy was draped in that flag there might be different comments on this forum.

Hahaha people get so triggered

We have celebrated Provan and Summons embracing as opposition after a hard fought grand final for half a century and its our trophy for heavens sake

But when two females players who are actually partners embrace and share a quick kiss after a hard fought grand final people lose it?

It was an iconic image, of course it should be celebrated

Also one of the games current superstars embracing his heritage, highlighting that NRL is an inclusive game for all....why not?

As a society today we just seem to want to get riled up over everything hahaha
the kiss its self was ok, i actually like seeing some girl on girl.

it was the political driven overlay "love is love" which takes it too far. I dont need the sport I follow entertainment dictating social agendas. I make my own mind up on that stuff. Thats why i voted yes.

iu

Not Greenbergs fault, monkeys are to blame...
"The NRL worked with creative agency The Monkeys for the advertisement which took more than a year to produce. The longer-form advertisement is part of a wider advertising strategy which will include 30-second advertisements which Adbo said will be purely on-field focused.

There will also be a documentary about the makings of the advertisement and outdoor advertisements."

That documentary sounds pretty rivetting. Here a short preview

Agree, and I thought it was respectful of the NRL to show an Aboriginal man, and a very good NRL player, displaying his pride in his heritage - it's not political pointscoring, it's just about respect. If Cliffy was draped in that flag there might be different comments on this forum.

My take on it .... If you wanted to promote the Aboriginal participation ... then why not people that have gone on to successful and influential lives as a direct result of playing Rugby League ... such as Meninga, Daley, Beetson and scores of others .... why choose a bloke who's been in the game for 2 mins and who's biggest claim to fame is refusing to aknowledge the National anthem .... simply NOT the best choice of a role model ....

On the gay issue .... God love them and I hope each and every one of them a happy, healthy long and full life .... and those I know of on this site are amongst my favourite and most passionate fans .... but if the NRL think that because of that ad .. gay's and lesbians in their thousands will be storming clubs this morning to purchase seasons tickets and memberships ... or flooding Fox to buy the sports package .... then good luck with that marketing plan .... Simply NOT the best use of limited marketing dollars ....

The NRL has the brief to promote Ruby League .... Arko and Qualle went out of their way to remain non-political ... and simply run a sport ... they were so successful a war over ownership was launched ......

If the NRL is so gay friendly, and so supportive of the LGBTQI community then how come there are no openly gay male players playing in the NRL.

Either the NRL isn't as inclusive as they like to make out, or maybe there just aren't any gay guys playing at the moment.....

If the NRL is so gay friendly, and so supportive of the LGBTQI community then how come there are no openly gay male players playing in the NRL.

Either the NRL isn't as inclusive as they like to make out, or maybe there just aren't any gay guys playing at the moment.....
Ask chechin how welcoming NRL is.

It simply failed because it went political and didn’t concentrate on Footy.

I bet AFL wouldn’t do it so why should the NRL.

Haven't read all of the posts here but I also heard a little of Talkin Sport the other day, and I have to say, it's hilarious just how many times I heard comments starting with, "I'm not racist, but..." or "I've nothing against homosexuality, but..."

So many dinosaurs amongst us rusted on league fans. I've only viewed the ad once but my first thought was that it wasn't necessarily aimed at us dinosaur rusted-on fans (who will probably follow the game this year just as we have for the last 30 or 40-plus years anyway), and if it was aimed elsewhere then that seems a fair enough strategy.

Haven't read all of the posts here but I also heard a little of Talkin Sport the other day, and I have to say, it's hilarious just how many times I heard comments starting with, "I'm not racist, but..." or "I've nothing against homosexuality, but..."

So many dinosaurs amongst us rusted on league fans. I've only viewed the ad once but my first thought was that it wasn't necessarily aimed at us dinosaur rusted-on fans (who will probably follow the game this year just as we have for the last 30 or 40-plus years anyway), and if it was aimed elsewhere then that seems a fair enough strategy.
Hahah that reminds of a shirt I saw in Thailand.
“I’m not gay but $20 is $20” :p

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10