1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bryant low

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Roll the tape on the last set of six of the first half.  Bryant called for two successive "surrender" tackles.

Surely he is the player that must make way for the return of Lyon.

2. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cant see it being anyone else

3. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    [/quote]

I reckon Des will look log and hard at Cuthbo and Hall.

4. missing_something

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [/quote]

I reckon Des will look log and hard at Cuthbo and Hall.
    [/quote]

I can't see him being able to drop Hall with the form he's in, but I guess there's a chance with Cuthbo

5. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It's not about form, it's about favourites.

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    He wont drop Hall.  Cuthbo maybe.  I would not drop Cuthbo myself but he is looking unfit and what has he done lately?  He can quite often flop a costly ball out the back.

7. missing_something

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was a bit suprised myself at the end of the game how unfit he's looking.

8. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Only set up a couple of tries. Only looks dangerous when he has it. Only has the ability to offload which is crucial against Melbourne and their Gang tackling. What has Bryant done of late?

9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Yeah I reckon Cuthbo will go

10. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    As I said I would not drop Cuthbo as he has the ability to do things unlike Bryant but he has not done much lately and I have only seen him with a couple of try assists this year.  Alot of people still seem to be thinking he is playing like he was last year, he is not.

11. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Agreed he isn't going as well as last year. But he still adds a lot to the side. He was great against the Tigers, and his contributions changed the tone of that match imo

12. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I think all the forwards played well. Hall is on fire so he wont go. Maybe Bryant will. Cuthbo adds that x-factor that maybe required when Orford goes back to his bad habits again.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hall is playing the best footy of his career and won't be dropped. 

Bryant is a plodder but I am sure Des will drop cuthbo because he threw a few bad passes today which resulted in turnovers. 

Bryant didn't even rate a mention from the ground announcer who mentioned that it was beaver and Bell's last premiership games at brookie. 

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Yeah, I thought the announcer could have at least given some more time to the others who are leaving.  Anyway it was a Beaver lovefest and good on him.  Hall was mom in my opinion.  Bryant was ordinary, as he nearly always is.  Will Willo be back next week? 

15. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Oh, and I think 'rubbish' is a bit harsh.  Ordinary would be kinder.  The ref was rubbish.  Is Glennn Stewart injured?  He was a bit quiet tonight as he has been the last few weeks.  I thought Ballin was a tad ordinary tonight as well.  When LeStrange came on we seemed to spark up.

16. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Thankfully signed to play overseas and won't be in Manly colours next year!  ;D

17. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Why all the Bryant bashing?

I respect anyone who pulls on a Manly jumper - and Bryant is no exception.

18. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Because Willo didn't play last night - Willo is my favourite wipping boy actually.  :p

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Even scott Fulton? Jye Mullane?  Yogi Rogers?  Luke Dorn? 

20. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    I actually think Bryant has improved over the last month mainly because Hall has applied so much pressure. In my view, Bryant should miss out (assuming no more injuries and Willo returns) but with the approach Des takes he will find it hard to drop Bryant before Cuthbo unless Cuthbo's form picks up next week and demands selection.

Hall's leg drive compared to his size is outstanding. Not sure how his completed tackle percentage compares to Bryant but the quality of his running just keeps improving. It's Bryant's low mistake rate and low number of missed tackles that keeps him in Des' good books.