New alliance Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

New alliance Stadium Perspective
Fans follow football teams and not Stadiums​

Have you guys seen how good parramatta stadium is ?

How many of you would follow the eels because of their stadium ?

Point taken !

Have you guys seen how good parramatta stadium is ?

How many of you would follow the eels because of their stadium ?

Point taken !
I used to live 5mins from the stadium, and could never follow them, people were surprised when I told them who I supported as I'd never lived on the Nth. beaches.

I used to live 5mins from the stadium, and could never follow them, people were surprised when I told them who I supported as I'd never lived on the Nth. beaches.
Like your good self I have also never lived in Gods Country, The Majestic Northern Beaches

But the reality is ...

It is not where we live that counts

It is what we live for that counts

And all passionate Manly People Live for the Glory of our Legendary Manly club

God bless the greatest club of all . The Manly Sea eagles

May all Manly People be Worthy to do our Great club Justice

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mudgee game as a weekend away, however taking games away from Brookie to only get crowds of 6,000 is madness. We'd get at least 3-4 times that if we looked at a game at the SFS.
I love the long weekend in Mudgee. The town is alive with Manly supporters, it's good for the local economy, it garners some fresh Sea Eagles supporters among the locals, it helps promote RL in the bush and it attracts a capacity crowd, which is more than 8,000. Manly has played very well in the two matches there, and we all know how desperately we need each win. We definitely should keep this fixture but dispense with giving the Donkeys an advantage by taking our home match to Suncorp.
Why not take a match to Christchurch, for all the reasons I've mentioned why we should keep the Mudgee fixture?

To be fair , the stadium is used by Sydney FC and the Waratahs as well so it’s NOT the Roosters stadium despite what Uncle Nick reckons they are all just tenants.

For the Rorters they are lucky to be the central city team and thus enjoy that stadium as their home ground.
Smart planning from the Roosters again! Sad but true.

Is it just me or does the new stadium look exactly like the old one, maybe new seats? Same roof same everything. Who pocketed the money? What was really going on behind the hoardings for 2 years? It’s the same ****ing stadium people.
Nope checked it out on the weekend it’s much better than the old SFS. Still seem to have the same catering staff though who have no f**king idea how to serve beer quickly!

Not to worry. The Panthers will be trotting around in the nice new facility soon. Eels & roosters already got one. Nobody gives a crap about Brooky. It's relatively safe seats. Even if the libs don't win one it goes to an independent & they get nothing done unless its a hung parliament.
To be fair you can't compare. If you take off your sea eagle goggles for a moment. Sydney really is a metropolitan of 3 cities. CBD/East, Parra, and Penrith. Eventually all Sydney clubs will be playing most of their games in these stadiums. Brookie would rarely get over 20k, and Manly is not even a professionally run organisation. Why the hell would taxpayers pay for something so meaningless to the general public?

To be fair you can't compare. If you take off your sea eagle goggles for a moment. Sydney really is a metropolitan of 3 cities. CBD/East, Parra, and Penrith. Eventually all Sydney clubs will be playing most of their games in these stadiums. Brookie would rarely get over 20k, and Manly is not even a professionally run organisation. Why the hell would taxpayers pay for something so meaningless to the general public?
Yep they’ll follow the AFL model , you can see it coming.

Maybe one game a year for old times sake.

Simply because we too are tax payers & the northern beaches doesn't have a fit for purpose stadium like most of the other regions. If we had one there are other events & sports that could use the facility.

Went to the Matilda's game last night.
Had something cancelled so got the tickets at 4pm so we were relegated to the nosebleed seats, but can confirm its a great stadium. Even up the top the view was really good. Like Parra stadium, not a bad seat in the house.
Definitely better than the old Stadium. If they were to rebuild Sydney Olympic Park in the same style, it would easily be the best Stadium in the country (but I'd rather Suburban grounds get their much needed upgrades).

The problem is that the 'Stadiums' are actually quite geographically concentrated when you look at the whole of greater Sydney. The SFS to Homebush is about 17km. Homebush to Parramatta is around 13km, while Parramatta to Penrith is 35km.
It's a straight line West.
With so much investment they are all going to need revenue. I'm with @Mark from Brisbane , thy'll follow the AFL model. And if they were to deviate from the straight line west, surely it would be Campbelltown and Central Coast next.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12