Natural talent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
I make no secret of the fact that I am a one-eyed Eagles fan to anyone who ever engages in a covnersation with me abour Rugby League. Whilst I am currently living in the UK, i do not miss a sigle game, and even flew home last year in the hope of a Manly GF.

We read DAILY at the moment about 'talented' sports people who are throwing things away (Dugan etc comes to mind most recently). Not enough credit is given the a coach in particular for their ability to not just train/recruit players with talent, but to actually engage them mentally - to motivate them, focus them, and unlock their potential.

T-Rex is a perfect example of a bloke who COULD be good - but he just doesn't have it 'between the ears'.

Manly's defence (as the team is keen to tell us in many interviews) is all about mindset.

What's my point?

Not enough emphasis is placed on the man-management skills of coaches in my opinion. To his credit, I believe that 2V has already surpassed previous manly coaches in this regard - he has managed to take a team under attack, and make them so mentally resilient that they have taken their game to a new level. I firmly believe that other teams are just as fit, just as talented, and have similar analytical skills etc. What they DON'T have, is the kind of culture and leadership that our club as - and that is set by our young coach.

Well played Mr Toovey - you're displaying the kind of 'smarts' that truely makes Manly the best club in the world.

From BK to Choc/ Matai/ Stewy to Killer to Foran hopefully this culture continues to be passed onto our next generation of players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4