• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He reminds me of Paul McCabe in attack :)

But, not doubt he adds starch in defence and is extremely dependable and makes no errors.

He is not a player who does memorable things< he does the little behind he scenes and 1% stuff that keeps the opposition in check,

An important buy

Myles is a plodder, I think we can all agree on that. But as someone noted in the game day thread, when he hits the line he continues to drive and almost always picks up a couple of metres at least before he's brought down. And that is pure leg strength.

He's not out there to score length of the field tries, leave that to guys like Tommy. He's out there to do the tough stuff up the middle. He may be slow but he doesn't stop does he. He's got a good motor on him, one built for endurance and not speed.

Personally I think he's doing exactly what's expected of him and you can't ask for more than that, especially from a 30 year old war torn prop.

As for the blokes noggin? I wish I could find it in better quality but......;)

If we made a grand final I have no doubt Myles would be our best forward. He just doesn't put his body on the line in any ordinary game. Some games when his involvement and effort could be the difference between winning and loosing it can be a little hard to take. But I accept the year is long. We all know Myles has gears he can go up. I sure would like to see a few games where we can all day he had it in 6th and worked his guts out. Still not sure he has had it past 4th yet.

Is Myles our Paul Sironen? Only seems to go hard during big games (e.g. finals) or rep games but never seems at his best in regular club footy.

Still, I think he's going well. At least he's not giving away the high number of silly penalties he did when he was at the Coke Coast.

When he played the ball on the line just prior to Matai's 2nd try, he moved like a Glacier.

A couple of times ...it was like he thought he deserved a penalty so he looked up at the refs....gave them time to blow a penalty; when they didn't he took more time to look incredulous....then got up slowly to play the ball.

Hiku used to (and maybe still does) do this....can be annoying at times!

edit: I should add....I like Nate, glad he's here. :)

Last edited:
A couple of times ...it was like he thought he deserved a penalty so he looked up at the refs....gave them time to blow a penalty; when they didn't he took more time to look incredulous....then got up slowly to play the ball.

Agree hairy one, but ref's aren't too bright and it often works. Once the defense is set after the initial delay, no sense hurrying. He plays the ball quick enough when he has to.

I dont know, to me he seems slow with Zero impact. Im shocked he made the most meters tbh.
This is absolutely correct torana we were actually calling him a cat.His charge ups look halfhearted & a few times he was receiving the ball flatfooted instead of charging onto it.Can't complain about his tackling though.

lol I had almost forgotten that. You always knew when soo was arriving as sirro and roach would put in huge games!

Somehow I am not surprised at least one person here remembers those days :p

Balmain in the late 80's were dead lucky that Wayne Pearce just never stopped and that they had a decent backline with Jack, Hanley, Currier, Brasher and Freeman. Although ask Benny Elias who their superstar was and it was Benny first, Benny second and low and behold, Benny third lol.

edit: I should add....I like Nate, glad he's here. :)
Fair enough,GE.
On the subject of "deserving penalties", every time Roosters Jake Friend goes to DH, waiting for opponents to get off his teammate, he ALWAYS raises his arms & looks at the Ref in pained surprise that they're not recieving a penalty.
We should be able to bet on how many times he does it. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8