My 50 Years with MWSE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I reckon I've been supporting Manly for 58 years. My first recollection was watching Manly V St George at Brookie Agricultural Oval (I think it was called that) in around 1959 as a six year old. My dad took me because Reg Gasnier was playing for Saints, and Rex Mossop for Manly. Mossop had cut-off sleeves and the Manly jerseys had the huge eagle on the front.
I didn't watch much of the match because I was too busy collecting empty bottles and cashing them in for threepence each.
Mind you, my memories of that day are very faded.

It is 42 years for me. My dad took me to Brookie when I was aged 8 and I saw Manly belt the panthers and I was hooked.

My great memories from those great days of the 70s include Wombat Eadie who was my hero, running 100 metres to score a try against the Roosters at the old sports ground. The win that day got us 3rd place and we went on to create history. Easily my favourite team.

The great rivalries with the whinging worms during the 70s and 80s, most of my extended family support them so every loss was dreadful and every win treasured.

The great teams we have had in the 80s, 90s and more recent times.

The trauma of the northern eagles that tested the resilience of every Manly fan and the joy that the 2008 premiership meant after being so close to being totally extinct.

The badge of honour that fans of other clubs hate our guts and at times have feared our mighty club.

To see a new team emerging after a few years of pain gives me great hope.

My big wish for Manly is that eventually the club is owned by the fans and that we get the world class stadium that our club deserves. I want to see Manly again as the envy of the league like we were in the 70s and continue to defy the knockers of our club and have continued success!!

Since 1972 for me.I can remember being at the 73 grand final and laughing my head off watching the Manly forwards chasing that little Englishman all over the ground.1976 was a highlight watching us beat the eels and realising that Neville glover was playing for us in a parramatta jumper on the wing.At the 2008 GF I was speechless and overcome with pride and I even kept my sunglasses on, not daring to take them off if you know what I mean.Manly are like a breath off Fresh air when we are on fire and to think that there is still more to come.

Since 1972 for me.I can remember being at the 73 grand final and laughing my head off watching the Manly forwards chasing that little Englishman all over the ground.1976 was a highlight watching us beat the eels and realising that Neville glover was playing for us in a parramatta jumper on the wing.At the 2008 GF I was speechless and overcome with pride and I even kept my sunglasses on, not daring to take them off if you know what I mean.Manly are like a breath off Fresh air when we are on fire and to think that there is still more to come.

How could you forget Neville Glover!!

And boy the footy was tough in those days, the players today are fitter, faster and more spectacular BUT oh my goodness back then they were tough as nails!!

Lastly i do also want to see a return to a more harmoniously run MWSE club where its about the fans not about ego & power
Fantastic for all us long term followers who have serious highlight reels of Manly memories, but one question ... do you really think the club was run for fans back in the day? that there was no ego or power?

You may be right but I never had any idea what was happening in the club back then, whereas now we have means of communication such that virtually nothing remains a secret...

Fantastic for all us long term followers who have serious highlight reels of Manly memories, but one question ... do you really think the club was run for fans back in the day? that there was no ego or power?

You may be right but I never had any idea what was happening in the club back then, whereas now we have means of communication such that virtually nothing remains a secret...
We knew nothing back then, but it's the modern era and now we know everything ( or think we do).

I found a pic of all of you sitting around talking about the old times....

1462EC49514FD1FD0F2319

:rofl:

How could you forget Neville Glover!!

And boy the footy was tough in those days, the players today are fitter, faster and more spectacular BUT oh my goodness back then they were tough as nails!!
I reckon eadie had a very good chance of bundling him into touch if glover had caught the ball. The legendary try that went begging isn't clear cut. The poor handling was likely due to glover having one eye on the wombat in any case.

I just watched it again. Rod Jackson was there in cover too. The pass from the parra centre was too late and too high. Glover gets blamed but it's a myth of a try scoring opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12