Mundine wins in US

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he watches that fight over again there is no way he could say that he was robbed, it was clear from the get go that Geale was on top and I think Mundine would have been lucky to win one round there.

A real professional fight from Geale, I thought his defense through most of the rounds was top quality and the judges were generous saying Mundine had landed more than 110.

A knock out would have been good just to make it cut and dried and have no debate from the mouth.

The amount of dirty shots that Mundine threw in there were just ludicrous, the ref warned him, but I guess there isn't much else he could do. He threw that many elbows and only got warned twice for them. Just a dirty fighter with no humility.

The early fights were so scrappy as well. Fight 3 was just horrible it was almost a wrestling match. The Kimbo Slice fight was at least entertaining.

I thought that one of Fenech's opponents was actually a cab driver and that's where the term came from.

I think the Thailand taxi driver call was a sledge by Mundane against Fenech in some early part of his career, when Fenech was saying he wasn't that good. More irony from The Mouth.

Mundine fought well. He had to, just in order to stay in that bout, because Geale was outstanding.

I hadn't seen Geale box before, he certainly looks the real deal and clearly outpointed Mundine. While he was far from disgraced, Mundine surely must be planning for life after boxing now. His rebel persona and blatant self-promotion does grate at times but I'm still a fan, I'd hate to see him hang around for another year or two making some money but getting clobbered by young up-and comers.

Mundine at least makes boxing somewhat interesting and helps lift its profile here. But yeah, he is a idiot that should learn some humility.

Mundane to fight Shane Moseley. Sugar was a handy fighter in his hey day, but he's 41 now and has come out of retirement for this. His recent record is patchy (against some decent opponents though) so don't really know what to expect.

Geale is off fighting for a world title and Mundane is still here fighting has beens. Didn't he give Danny Green plenty of crap for taking on Roy Jones way past his prime ??

'Blood sport' is an entertainment industry as much as it is a sport. I thought Mundine had retired but if he has got a fight against a decent name good luck to him. Don't know how many pay-per-views it would attract, but then again, a lot of people apprarently like to watch him getting punched :)

The fight is off because Moseley didn't get paid as per his contract terms. He is on a plane back to the States. Mundane has seriously got to give it away now, if he can't even get it together to organise this then there is no way in hell anyone with any ability will give him the time of the day.

Not sure how this is his fault

He was not the promoter and not involved in any way

He has promoted all of his fights up till now. Why hand over this one ??

Either way it was not him

If you watch his press conference today he appeared pretty humble and straight up about the situation

JEFF Fenech says he's the biggest loser - $460,000 out of pocket - after American great Shane Mosley walked away from his fight with Anthony Mundine just hours before the weigh-in.
Fenech says he put up the money in advance to get Mosley to Sydney for Wednesday's scheduled WBA light-middleweight bout because promoter Vlad Warton couldn't afford it…

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/boxing/jeff-fenech-460000-out-of-pocket-after-shane-mosley-backs-out-of-fight-with-anthony-mundine/story-e6frf5h3-1226744646391#fast

Mundine wasn't the promoter but I'd say it was his crew behind it all. It's a shame as Mundine has missed the boat now, surely. As C&C says, it's time now. Bringing in a Thai cab driver at the last minute won't really cut it this time.

Surprise surprise, another circus involving the Mundine/SBW boxing show

It will all be ok though, Sonny has said he will help his bruvva out

Mundane has parlayed off the back of his decisive victory over Sugar Shane to take on the might of NZ in Gunnar Jackson Who ?? you might ask,

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/who-on-earth-is-anthony-mundines-next-opponent-gunnar-jackson/story-fnii0bqi-1226812024121

Next stop Mayweather....LOL. Who keeps paying to watch these fights ?? Surely it's done its dash.

lol....a points decision over the kiwi who only had a weekend to prepare.

I'm sure mundine thinks that'll cement his athlete of the century award.

I watched a replay of the Rumble in the Jungle on Fox the other day. Ali was a truly amazing boxer and individual. I shouldn't mention Mundine in the same post so I won't!

You should watch "When We Were Kings", a great doco on the Rumble in The Jungle.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUHYUpmTFs[/video]

Yes, I've seen that one. Also on Fox recently was Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight, a movie about the story of his arrest for conscientious objection to the Vietnam War and the court cases that followed. Quite well done, the best part was original clips, not just from some fights but also from his public speeches, tv interviews etc.

I watched another one on SBS the other day called Facing Ali, which was interviews with some of his more notable opponents during his career. Interesting to see the respect that he was generally held in and how the opportunity to fight Ali was a career/life defining moment for some.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6