1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mundine vindicated

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Matabele, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    All this talk about the parlous state of Aboriginal Australia, the Prime Minister's tears and determination to change etc must surely vindciate all that Anthony Mundine has been saying about his people in recent years? It's a shame he had to take so much flak for it before his message gets through.

I notice even this site's resident racist is now singing from the same hymn sheet as Mundine!

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    If he wasn't using his comments for personal gain like you say, then I would feel a little sorry for the man. But I don't.

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I'm not a racist, but I just don't like black pricks that use their people’s problems for personal gain.

Also I have never heard him talk of a solution or anything which would help them.

Mata please show me something that proves otherwise. About your hero Mundine the ….twit.

4. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    So it doesn't occur to you chaps that through his natural athletic ability he has achieved a level of worldwide prominence that few, if any, indigenous people will reach?

And that rather than "using" the aboriginal people for his own ends he uses his position as a platform to let the world know the injustices that Howard has finally "recognised" after 11 1/2 years in office?

Do you really think he gets off on bucketloads of redneck, racist abuse?

5. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I saw a piece on the news last night on how Mundine had taken Nathan Brown's brother into his home for 6 months and helped him tackle his heroin addiction. That is something tangible and working at a personal level. Well done from me for one thing I am now aware of.

6. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Oh, so Howard is doing it because Mundine is such in influence?

7. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    That is a red herring you have thrown in - even if it does hold water.

Why don't you give a straight answer Byso?

8. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Coming from the master I feel flattered, by that comment.

9. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Mundine would be better of telling the world that he did something like this and then people would see him a different light.

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Maybe he is truly humble and doesn't like to blow his own trumpet when it comes to his personal life?

11. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Mundine would be better of telling the world that he did something like this and then people would see him a different light.
    [/quote]

If he's brother is a St's supporter I can understand why he's on the gear. He probably has top put up with Brownies excuses as to why they are so crap.

12. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    That's a bit below the belt Byso. I wouldn't wish a heroin addiction on anyone.

13. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The circular argument continues. (I don't think Byso is a racist by the way but he is blinkered to the exploits of 'dishonest' John.

Mundine is clever and I am sure there are good things he does and has done. However, is public persona and private character may well be very different, but to claim he has drawn world-wide attention is drawing a thin bow in my view. His ego and his sporting ambitions are pretty big and Mundine uses the race card to maximise them!! He's clever but not necessarily effective.

14. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    It was a joke, I'm sure most wouldn't wish any i'll on anyone......like hoping a player breaks a leg during a footy game....etc, etc.

15. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    bit of a difference between the two.

16. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Still wishing misfortune on an individual.

It's still low.. no matter how it is sugar coated.

17. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Quite frankly not at all.

An drug user brings ill health too themselves. So I generally have little simpathy for them. But rarely do I make light of it. But being linked to Brown. I guess I couldn't help but come up with the obvious joke.

18. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Maybe Mundine is Brown nosing?