1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mundine TKO'd

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by HoldenV8, Nov 12, 2015.

1. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Former rugby league player (I refuse to call him a rugby league star because he wasn't) Anthony Mundine has been TKO'd by American Charles Hatley in their Welterwight title fight last night at the Melbourne Convention Centre.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...onvention-centre/story-fndkzthy-1227605121655

Australia's self-proclaimed "greatest athlete" (I can name a few who I think are far more deserving of that claim) was knocked to the canvas 3 times in the second round, but managed to survive until the 11th when he walked into a right hand that knocked him down again and the fight was stopped soon after giving the American the win by TKO. The Mouth did manage to drop Hatley in the 10th, though despite his claims that he slipped the ref gave him the standing 8 count.

Hopefully this is the last time we see Mundine in the ring.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. God

God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 10
    Though I wouldn't watch it I'd like to hear of him getting 7 or 8 more beatings before retirement. Quick hands but 0 power and a huge mouth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  3. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Made my day waking up to this news

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,720 / 257
    The greatest sportsman ever, more like the greatest wanker @God ever put breath into.

You've done some good **** God, but creating this tool wasn't one of them!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Went into a chicken shop amun Newtown a few years back and there was a guy hunched over the plate of food he was eating. There was so much anger radiating from him that I had to have a look at this bloke. Yep. It was him. He was memorably scary.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Surely it's time now to give it away. That's two beat downs in his last three fights. I can't believe people still pay money to watch this clown fight. He is no hope of getting a title shot against anyone decent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Anthony MUNDANE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Lol. I'd also like to see him TKOd by The Matai.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. eagleron

eagleron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 8
    I was ringside at souths leagues when his father Tony won his Australasian title, I respected him not just because of his ability but because he was such a humble young man, how the hell did he produce this ****ing idiot ? he's an embarrassment to every fair minded Aussie, he's ruined the careers of god knows how many players, Haumono, Blacklock among them, I for one will be happy when the media wake up to themselves and stop reporting every utterance from this pretender. As my dad used to say, self praise is no recommendation, never truer than in the case of this idiot.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Love how he says he'd fight Green again for the right price.
    He is in no position to be commanding $$$ now...
    Talented sportsman no doubt, but went about things the wrong way.
    People would have respected him so much more if he just kept his mouth shut.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Don't underestimate how much people are willing to pay to see him get smashed again.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Please one more with danny green so we can see him been knocked out there too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wombat Legacy

Wombat Legacy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,905 / 114
    The Apple didn't fall far from the tree. A good mate of mine was with a few mates bagging Mundine at a Dragons game. He went to the toilet and Mundine senior, who was nearby, followed him and blindside assaulted him. So proud I have never spent 1 cent watching their desperate cash grabs over the years.

14. eagleron

eagleron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 8
    That's terrible and quite honestly surprises me, I can say the Tony Mundine who's career I followed as a young man was a different person to the one you describe, how sad that the world will remember these two in this manner, their legacy could have so easily been been so much different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wombat Legacy

Wombat Legacy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,905 / 114
    Yeah my old man rated Mundine Snr-maybe he had a brain snap. Would be hard listening to people bag your son, but I am sure he is used to it now. The sooner Jnr retires the better. His media air time will disappear and so will he.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,844 / 192
    Highlights of the TKO
    12246709_920213168032144_9118670740477643673_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    A sadistic, vengeful God, huh?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    And from people I have spoken to, they all say that he is not a wanker in person. In fact they say he is pretty humble and generous...

19. God

God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 10
    Yep, I'm old testament. Choc was alright till he turned his back on me and converted to the darkside of the force.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Beat me to it. A mate of mine knows him fairly well and says that the public choc is pretty different to the private person. While it does not excuse some of his carry on there can be a fair difference between a public and private persona