Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was never an amazing first grader but apart from that terrible post-covid performance against Talakai he always gave 100%. Unfortunately 100% from a depth player still doesn't equal a first grader.

Had 2 horror games which overshadows all the good performances he had, he was brilliant at putting Saab away in 2021

Also took a lot of character to come back and be a dependable performer whenever called upon since that Talakai nightmare
I'd play him off the bench at prop instead of Woodsy in a heartbeat. At least Morgan runs hard and plays with an aggressive passion. But I'm not sure if he loved the club as a boy and he isn't a "free" love gift from the high flying Dragons, so that will likely count against him.

Had 2 horror games which overshadows all the good performances he had, he was brilliant at putting Saab away in 2021

Also took a lot of character to come back and be a dependable performer whenever called upon since that Talakai nightmare
There was a lot more than 2 horror games and i dont think he was ever dependable after that talakai game, he has always been the weakest link and the target for opposing attacks ever since tom made him and others look good in 21.
First of the deadwood gone

I think Harper is one of those players that extracts every last ounce of talent he can muster to almost make it. He is not a consistent and reliable first grader but he has an outstanding attitude and is a competitor. Sadly, he will always be remembered for the Talakai carve up. I wish him all the best.

There was a lot more than 2 horror games and i dont think he was ever dependable after that talakai game, he has always been the weakest link and the target for opposing attacks ever since tom made him and others look good in 21.
First of the deadwood gone
As true as that is he wasn't Robinson Crusoe, there's been a plethora of players over the past decade that have let us down badly, some in my opinion much worse than Harper ever was, I'll say this for the man, I believe that for 90% of his time in Maroon and White he always gave his best

Yes but not to spam every thread - I will start to delete them as they come up

Re morgz loved him in our 2021 season and always feel like Des rushed hum back from Covid for that sharks game - would assume this means parks is locked in to stay
Mmm yes , I’d say so , a great club man Parker , gives his best all the time.

But with Talou coming who knows , forwards maybe ?

I think Harper is one of those players that extracts every last ounce of talent he can muster to almost make it. He is not a consistent and reliable first grader but he has an outstanding attitude and is a competitor. Sadly, he will always be remembered for the Talakai carve up. I wish him all the best.

Yea, from memory he lost something like 5 or 7 kgs from covid, then Des played him without a chance to recover
Bad coaching.

Poor bugger.

I was always kind of pulling for him for some reason. Good luck to him, hope he does well in rugby..
100%, was an easy player to get behind back in 2021 and he always seemed to care and play for the jersey. Formed a nice combination with Saab with his ability to draw and pass (which we actually don’t really have with our current centres), and gotta respect for the way he kept coming back after the Talakai game. Even when he filled in vs Melbourne a few weeks back I thought he was one of our better players

Agree that now is his time to go, but I’ll look back on him favourably and hope he does well in Union if that’s where he ends up

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8