1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More to come, it will get worse before it gets better

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by COMMANDER, Nov 12, 2011.

1. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    This whole debacle is the end result not of the people on the board, but of the structure of the organisation.

It must be incredibly frustrating for Penn, having the most invested in the joint and not having control.

Until there is a clear cut mandate for a majority shareholder you can expect the shambles to continue.

The struggle for control will be the next bloodbath; stay tuned.

2. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    We have a winning culture , we have a legend in Toovey , we have a premiership winning team of Champion players. We also have some good people on the board , as The God Father Ken Artherson said recently for what ever mistakes the board have made they must have done something right for Manly to win all those premierships.
    Our future looks bright and things will get a lot better!!!

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,114 / 287
    FFS, give it a rest. I'm over all these threads.

4. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
  5. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    Yeah same, give it up.

6. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    I think those safeguards were put in place so the majority shareholder didn't have total control, for instance if Penn decided that the central coast was our best option financially,it would be vetoed by the leagues and football clubs

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Me too, and for the first time in a long time we have seen a united board and I have a feeling it could stay that way for a while now, if for no other reason than to stabilise the club after this debacle.

8. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Why shouldn't people have their say?
    Don't read it if you've had enough and certainly don't reply.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    I thought the players and the coach won the Premierships!

10. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    It is after all a "forum" and you are correct WAMF in that you don't have to read what people post, but I also agree with the fact that after the last month the whole "Des V Board"...."Board needs to be sacked" thing has been done to death......we are either on one side of the camp or the other....and it's probably time for a change of subject.

In saying that Des isn't going to walk away into the Sunset (as I beleive he should) so this could well run for some time yet.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Clit, Penn seemed to be very relaxed and looked in complete control at the press conference yesterday. I don't think there will be more upsets on the way. Des is on his bike, Zorba on a board somewhere, and it all looks good. Now back to boredom.

12. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    How does anyone ever put thier faith in a person like Des now hes shown his true colours,, this will be on his record forever now. Judas!!!

13. tulley

tulley Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Huckleberry Ha$ler is a dog,looks like he's been found out.

14. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Last night, the Sea Eagles' chairman and co-owner Scott Penn insisted that a number of staff members had played the role of informant about Hasler trying to lure them over to the Bulldogs.

He said he also had email evidence to support the board's decision to sack him.

"I explained to Des there were half a dozen examples of him verbally trying to persuade staff to leave," Penn said.

"Every time, he simply said, 'I have never tried to entice a staff member to leave the club'. To me, that's a denial.

"I don't want to hang the individual staff members out to dry who have told me otherwise, but we are more than confident that we have very strong evidence of improper conduct if this goes to court."

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    No doubt despite the calls for sacking of the board etc etc, on this occasion you can bet they have all their bases loaded. They would have had the best of legal opinions, and you can be sure they have e-mail / stat declerations and a bunch of staff to back this up.

If Des makes the decision to take this further, he may well regret it.....I understand his emotions, it's natural BUT in business there's a time to fight and a time to withdraw gracefully....he'd be better looking at the latter option IMO.

16. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    I agree Ryan, let it go people.

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Where is that from ? Link please.

18. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Sure Jatz.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-former-manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-set-to-take-over-as-bulldogs-coach-immediately/story-e6frexnr-1226193198946

19. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Yeah, what WAMF said.

Phiffft.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Seriously move on and be positive... The board saw issues with Hasler and the fact they have found solid evidence of poaching... Maybe Des isn't the man we all thought he was.