1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Fallout from Newcastle

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Fluffy, May 30, 2007.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I heard on the radio that Brian Smith is planning on sacking more players up there.

As well as newton and perry, Abrahams seems likely to go, there were a few others too.

Would he be worth looking at for lock?

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    There is another called Riley Brown who is also been linked to Manly

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Why would we want a Lock to play Lock, when we have a 5/8 that can play lock..... Your idea just doesn't make sence Fluffy :) :)

I think these guys are worth looking at, they did perform well last year so why not.

4. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ironically Riley Brown is a Utiity, he covers Lock-5/8 and centre, he would be a great asset especially if we lose Travis. Cover for injuries out wide so Lyon doesnt have to keep moving to centre.

Woolnough has signed with the panthers or at least is strongly linked to them according to the radio. Again they said Perry will sign with Manly.

5. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Telegraph story has nine players in danger of leaving the Knights with George Carmont, Milton Thaiday, Brad Tighe & David Seage amoung them.

6. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    I know we should all laugh at whats happening to the drug-cheats, but what would the knights fans be thinking? Here they have a coach who comes in and starts cleaning out what resourses they have, and by the sounds of it is causing player revolt? Aside from their last outing they haven't had a really poor start to the season.

What approach would we as Manly fans be taking if the same was to happen at Manly? Seems very wierd what Smith is doing!

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Smith wouldnt last 5 minutes at Manly

8. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I'm starting to wonder.

Does manly steal players from parramatta, or does brian smith just hand them too us on a plater?

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Effectively he is doing what Manly did actually do, just on a much faster and higher scale

We spent about 2-3 years with Des identifying some of the players which didnt fit into his plan, and culling them and buying in bigger name players. Some examples for early on is Des' tenure were guys like Dorn, McGuinness, Lima, Shipway, Jensen etc

10. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    not sure he will be able to replace them yet

11. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Read somewhere he has 1.5m to spend, that should snare some real quality, along with players such as Simpson and Buderus, would be enough there to build a decent side around

I guess time will tell all in this one