More encouraged than discouraged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
What a game of footy!

Brings a tear to my eye to see a game like that, sad we lost but I think we can only get better.

Having to go back and play Cronulla and then Souths just means we have to play an extra game of footy to get there.

Well done the Roosters, they are a heck of a team.

Feel the same actually, not annoyed at all

Started tonight needing to win 3 games to win the comp, end tonight needing to win 3 games to win the comp

If we can get Snake back next week and keep everyone injury free we could still win this thing.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Very proud, what a game.

Tough to win it from here but not impossible

We are still in it up to our eyeballs.

But the Chooks are looking pretty good. Which them winning doesn't bother me as much as the Scum or those grubs Souffs winning.

We didn't play smart finals footy. Take the penalty goals to keep you in touch. Then the pressure is on them not to give away penalties therefore they make defensive mistakes . I can't believe we didn't think to take those penalty goals unless Killer's goal kicking confidence is so down that he won't.

Yep, very very proud of the boys. We threw the kitchen sink at them and they stood up. As did we. I believe we surrendered no line breaks, which must be a record. No complaints at all. We will slaughter the Woobies next week and then back to the trenches with Souths, and that will end in tears for them. A Manly - Roosters final will be fitting, and they should and will be there.

Based on both games today, we should definitely be able to beat the Sharks next week. The Rabbitohs game should be at least as close at today's game, barring any injuries.

I have been watching Manly for longer than perhaps a few of you were born. I saw a few complaining comments in the match thread. You guys should have taken the blinkers off and sat back to enjoy one of the most fantastic finals games ever seen, and I have seen a lot.

There can be no complaints, the penalties went with us. A couple of errors but swings and roundabouts. The single low point I could mention was Ballin kicking for and missing touch in the last few mins. I think we would have crossed, but hey, I refuse to allow that moment to spoil a classic finals match between 2 magnificent teams.

mickqld said:
We didn't play smart finals footy. Take the penalty goals to keep you in touch. Then the pressure is on them not to give away penalties therefore they make defensive mistakes . I can't believe we didn't think to take those penalty goals unless Killer's goal kicking confidence is so down that he won't.

Normally I'd be with you there Mick but being down by 4 I can see why they didn't. If we take a shot its usuallt to go further ahead or level up. In a game like tonight next scorer wins pretty much and it was much a mental battle as a physical one and neither team blinked!!

PS - Killer would've kicked them from anywhere tonight, he was due.

Thought DCE was a little off tonight. Maybe just shutdown by good defence.

Wonder why ballin was kicking! What happened there?

Big effort tonight in defence but lacked a tad in atack. Will beat the sharks without breaking a sweat next week.

Class of 96 said:
I have been watching Manly for longer than perhaps a few of you were born. I saw a few complaining comments in the match thread. You guys should have taken the blinkers off and sat back to enjoy one of the most fantastic finals games ever seen, and I have seen a lot.

There can be no complaints, the penalties went with us. A couple of errors but swings and roundabouts. The single low point I could mention was Ballin kicking for and missing touch in the last few mins. I think we would have crossed, but hey, I refuse to allow that moment to spoil a classic finals match between 2 magnificent teams.

Yep, two heavyweights going toe to toe and thank f&@k we won't wont be banging on about the refs.
A deadset classic.

Jerry1 said:
Thought DCE was a little off tonight. Maybe just shutdown by good defence.

Wonder why ballin was kicking! What happened there?

Big effort tonight in defence but lacked a tad in atack. Will beat the sharks without breaking a sweat next week.

He was looking to pass that kick off and no-one was there!

Think DCE was injured early on and Foz was just stuffed.

StuBoot said:
mickqld said:

Normally I'd be with you there Mick but being down by 4 I can see why they didn't. If we take a shot its usuallt to go further ahead or level up. In a game like tonight next scorer wins pretty much and it was much a mental battle as a physical one and neither team blinked!!

PS - Killer would've kicked them from anywhere tonight, he was due.

I agree with mick, taking the kicks at goal and causing pressure for the chooks to concede less. With their brick wall defence stepping up a notch for the finals I see this a blueprint to beat them, lets face it they are good for a fair few penalties a game and I think a little foward thinking if we have to play them in the grand final could go a long way.

I knew it was going to come down to luck and bounce of the ball. It felt like the game we played against the Roosters at Brooky. We've been very unlucky against both Souths and Roosters. I was thinking our luck was going to change for this game but nope.

I'm so proud of the team.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8