1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Brilliant Scheduling

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by clontaago, Apr 16, 2012.

1. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Melb v Warriors on Anzac Day in Melbourne at 7pm.

Same day across the road at the MCG (albeit at 2.40pm) - Essendon v's Collingwood. Guaranteed crowd of 85,000+

A lot of Storm supporters are AFL supporters who wont want to back up with a game of league afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Channel Nein obviously doesn't care if there is a crowd or not; it's all about who's watching it on TV. They'll just have their audio guy put on a crowd-noise track, like a laugh track, and try to mock up some atmosphere. Their scenic department will create visual crowds, like they did in Gladiators, and everything will be as real as reality television.
    Welcome to the future.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Thought the rorters/goons match was played on ANZAC day each year?

4. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    how pathetic was the tigers v panthers game, turned it off after 20 minutes to play leggo with my son. Not much of an advertisement to the game. Channel 9 know sweet Fa about footy and games, and will drive more people to foxtel to get some decent footy. I honestly cant believe how un interested I am with what is served up these days. Its pathetic

5. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    And is anyone surprised?

• Like Like x 1
  6. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Yeah its the day game.