1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday nights with Matty Johns

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bones, Mar 24, 2014.

1. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    People say The Footy Show is crap these days but it's nowhere near as bad as the crap Johns dishes up on Monday nights after the game. Hindmarsh and Fletcher are painful to watch and I swear Gorden Tallis is brain dead.

• Like Like x 4
  2. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 10
    I don't mind the Sunday Footy show, it's the Fatty show that I can't suffer.
    I've not seen John's show.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    I had to walk out of the room wih that stupid Hindmarsh Fletcher rubbish. It's just embarrassing for them. Just stick to showing the weekend games please you idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 35
    Yeah i dont mind the sunday footy show. Aside from the occasional dribble that comes out of sterlos mouth, its not bad.

Joey always slips in a nice comment about manly, and normally freddy is tolerable. I like Erin Molan (despite her love of the raiders).

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Yes the fletcher Hindy thing is rubbish and dead set embarrassing the thing that gets my goat is all the giggling that goes on......

• Like Like x 1
  6. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,632 / 113
    Pissed channel 10 axed the game plan. 'Twas the best of the free to air league shows. The even discussed football.

• Like Like x 4
  7. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 10
    True, the Game Plan was a good show, they
    always kept it interesting.
    I wonder who the Producer was?

On that, the Producer of CH9's Fatty show should be flogged with a dog chain.

8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    The Sunday footy show isn't bad, the rest.....all dribble, especially Fatty's Footy Show, I haven't bothered watching that for probably 5-6 years now.

Its such a pity we can't just have a footy show that's about footy, no bias, and no bull****.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I didn't like the Game Plan. They put the team lists up on the screen. So what. I knew that 2 days ago! It was like a cliche-athon when they asked questions to any guests. Dean Richies hard hitting interviews were like being flogged with wet newspaper. The Lurker just re-hashed rumours that had been on twitter for days.

I'm always amazed when people say they don't like the footy show, but then say they haven't watched it for years. I've never stopped watching it, its reasonably good entertainment. They run through each game now and Dave Middleton tells you some stats you mightn't have known. There is plenty of rubbish but there is enough of a giggle to make it entertaining. Each their own.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    I totally agree with you Fatty.

• Like Like x 2
  11. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    There are two things I like about Thursday's Footy Show. When they actually talk about the coming games (though I hate that every time now its interrupted by Beau.TV or whatever its called)....and whenever Erin Molan has to get into a skin tight wetsuit for the "Crack a Fatty" segment (no matter what you might think of her, can anyone here seriously tell me she doesn't look hot in a skin tight wetsuit?).

Other than that, I only watch the show because I don't currently have Foxtel and in a city that is dominated by anything AFL, its something to look forward to for those of us in Adelaide who love league.

The Sunday Footy Show I like, though I'm not a big fan of the dribble that often comes from the mouths of Sterling and the Chooks loving Fittler.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I really like that they are no on livestream so I dont have to watch them

13. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    Agree. Not sure how the Game Plan managed to generate so much positive vibe. Maybe because there was none of the Fatty Show silliness but it really offered nothing in the way of original news or analysis. Maybe people who didn't have fox OR the internet AND refuse to watch 9 found it informative?

14. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    The best League show by a country mile is the Sterlo show on Thursdays on Fox. Basically 100% footy talk.

15. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    I can't believe how bad these shows have become. The idea that footballers make good commentators is clearly untrue, and as comedians, even less so.

It's compounded by the fact they find themselves and each other so hilarious.

Cringeworthy!

Sadly the AFL leave League for dead in this area.

I only watch if there's Manly news or players on. Tooves is advertised on NRL 360 Wed night
    I believe so I'll probably watch that segment.

( Agree that Erin Molan is pretty easy on the eye though, and actually knows her stuff too).

• Like Like x 1
  16. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Agree with Mals. I enjoy watching Sterlo. Would like it even more if he left Matty Johns off the show.

17. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I am sure you can download it to watch later ;)

18. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Yep it hit an all time high last night.

Thank god for double screening.

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I have shows completely in Dutch to look at and imagine are interesting

20. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Maybe there stoned I once watch an episode last year and Hindy's eyes were glowing red. Guess he'd needs to be stoned to put up with the other idiots.