1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODERN DAY CENTRE

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by king2213, Apr 18, 2015.

1. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    HI Guys

im sorry to say but our centres were and are great footballers ... but the game has changed

These days they got to be 6'0 + 90-110 kgs with leg speed/footwork/fend and offload capabilities

Draw in few defenders every time they hit it up ! And can bend the line like extra forwards !

Yes we dont have forwards etc ... but we are seriously behind in i believe in a very important position these days ! Wont find very good centres till 2018/19/20

We wont make the finals for 5 years my prediction

Our recruitment and retention/coaching staff i think have got some things wrong ! if they correct these errors fantastic...

If they continue to make these errors its not acceptable ! and people need to be held accountable

2. MightyEagles

MightyEagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 8
    Centres need room to move and that Is obtained by a good forward pack going forward. Would you prefer
    Farrell/Aitken
    mbye/Stanley
    chambers/mann
    morgan/folau
    beale/leutele
    millard/goodwin
    moga/linnett
    blake/jennings
    I could go on but behind a big mobile forward pack with room to move give me lyon/matai any day of the week

• Like Like x 1
  3. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    i hop ur
    i hop your right mate