Mobility

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Assuming we sign Matagi, Bozo's starting six is probably:

8. Myles (please no)
9. Koraisau
10 Lussick
11. Tapau
12. Matagi (wreaking havoc out wide, similar to Manu Ma'u)
13. Jake

That's five forwards who are effectively props. Swap Myles for AFB (which should happen) and we get even bigger and arguably less mobile in defence.

Anybody concerned about this mobility? I love big forward packs, and this one has six players (including Koraisau) who whack in defence.

But a bit more mobility, partly lost when Buhrer left, would not hurt.

I'd only have two props on bench with that starting six ... AFB / Lawrence... Brown and Lane probably best options (Parcell, too). Bozo will have Lane on the bench (another giant).

8. Myles (please no)
9. Koraisau
10 Lussick
11. Tapau
13. Jake

That's five forwards who are effectively props. Swap Myles for AFB (which should happen) and we get even bigger and arguably less mobile in defence.

Anybody concerned about this mobility? I love big forward packs, and this one has six players (including Koraisau) who whack in defence.

I'd only have two props on bench with that starting six ... AFB / Lawrence... Brown and Lane probably best options (Parcell, too). Bozo will have Lane on the bench (another giant).
And also our bench should have some mobile players like Jamil Hoppa, Brown, lane.

Totally agree, that's not a fast forward pack. It'll provide some whack but run out of steam. I honestly thought Liam Knight might've filled in nicely next to Taupau and Trbojevic, but I guess not. I'm interested to see how our forwards do line up. Really hope those in charge have something up their sleeves.

I think Matagi will play directly at the A defenders and try dig in behind the ruck - bending the line in aim to win quick play the ball, for an edge runner like Kapow/Lane on the back of it.
I get the point though, as he runs as hard as anyone in the league....Just feel his no nonsense direct running is his main card but hope you prove me wrong...as in recent seasons have lacked options attacking the edges.

08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Suaia Matagi
11. Marty Taupau
12. XXXXXXXXXX
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaune Lane

8. Myles (please no)
9. Koraisau
10 Lussick
11. Tapau
13. Jake

Um, wasn't Parcell the starting hooker before he got injured? What makes you think Api has now jumped to number 1 in the number 9?

If you're at all concerned about covering lack of mobility with 5 props in the pack, then Parcell is clearly the man to cover that concern. Api doesn't come within a bull's roar of Parcell in defence.

And we are likely to want more interchanges for those big boppers. Parcell, unlike Api, is a genuine 80+ minute player.

Lussick
Parcell / Koroisau
Myles (I think he's gonna aim up in 2017)
Taupau
Sioronen (hopefully)
Jake

AFB (impact)
Matagi (impact)
Lawrence (mobility)
Lane (impact)

Cannot see Matagi starting, doesn't seem to be his role.

He is here to replace Vave.

Brown is likely to be in the 17 somewhere as well

Cannot see Matagi starting, doesn't seem to be his role.

He is here to replace Vave.

Brown is likely to be in the 17 somewhere as well
If Matagi to Parramatta is as reported then I'd imagine we must be after Siro. Hard to believe that Parra were able to offer bigger deals to both Vave and Matagi considering their position last year. Management must be pretty confident that Meehan and Hoppa are going to be cleared to make the step up next year. Without them our forwards are suddenly looking a bit thin.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8