Mitch Marsh: T20 Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mitch Marsh was the hero in Australia’s T20 World Cup win in 2021 and his value to the team has been confirmed after being named captain for a three-match series in South Africa that will feature a host of new faces.

Tanveer Sangha and Aaron Hardie were the surprise bolters in Australia’s ODI squad for the upcoming white-ball tour of South Africa, while Spencer Johnson and Matthew Short have earned a maiden call-up for the T20 series.

Good on him. He's been a much maligned player over his Test career. I'll admit I didn't warm to him early on, he struggled for a long time to get runs. He had one good summer in 2017/18, where he hit a purple patch. I was at SCG when he and Shaun both got tons against the Poms, which would have been a highlight for him no doubt. Looked like he was going to finally deliver on potential from there on. But he dropped off again and struggled with injury and to score runs. Injury has also hampered his bowling over the years

Had the pleasure of being there for his knock at Headingly recently. One of the best centuries I've seen live, considering the state of the game. He hit the ball so hard and so clean, and apart from one chance to Root at slip and his eventual (somewhat unlucky) dismissal it was pretty much a flawless dig.

He has matured as a cricketer and I think he just plays for the enjoyment of the game now, with no expectation. Not unlike Khawaja in a way. So I hope he does well with that new found freedom.

Had the pleasure of being there for his knock at Headingly recently. One of the best centuries I've seen live, considering the state of the game. He hit the ball so hard and so clean, and apart from one chance to Root at slip and his eventual (somewhat unlucky) dismissal it was pretty much a flawless dig.

He has matured as a cricketer and I think he just plays for the enjoyment of the game now, with no expectation. Not unlike Khawaja in a way. So I hope he does well with that new found freedom.

I thought I saw you in the crowd...enjoying life instead of moderating away!

(lol...I kid, on both counts).

I think we made it on tele a couple of times. We were only about half a dozen rows from the fence at backward point (RH) backward square leg (LH). Stokes was fielding right in front of us when Head was on strike.

We also did a day at Lords. Wasn't the day Carey stumped Bairstow though unfortunately. Would have been funny to see the supposed gentlemen of the MCC get all bent out of shape.

He has been in top form this year, already showed it in the Ashes where he changed Australian mindset with his attacking knocks. I think he has come of age recently.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8