Missing threads and posts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Is it just me or have a heap of threads and posts disappeared?

Im sure CliffyGC's post on Beaver coming back was 2 or 3 pages long, there was a thread on 16mil of talent coming off contract and one on the NYC team doing well?

from Dan in another thread.

yeah sorry mate. It was the host. Something happened and we lost news and posts for the last 12 or so hours.

nothing I can do about it I have registered a ticket and a complaint with the host. It all depends on whether they have a later backup, though our best bet is just to start from now and forget about new posts as restoring will lose theses posts and so on

Not real happy about it. Apparently they migrated us to a new server to improve performance. During the process we lost some data. Problem being we cant recover that data now because of the new data added since. It's a fair pain in the ass and I am extremely pissed off. On top of that I have had to delete a whole host of data because for some reason our data usage has doubled and I am not having a lot of luck finding out why.

I almost want to change hosts but it's not a simple thing and the costs are annoying and not in the budget from the tipping money doesnt cover.

For now we just have to deal with it.

You have my deepest apologies

No need to apologise Dan, most of the comments in the missing threads would have been crap based upon normal daily input.

Dan link said:
Not real happy about it. Apparently they migrated us to a new server to improve performance. During the process we lost some data. Problem being we cant recover that data now because of the new data added since. It's a fair pain in the ass and I am extremely pissed off. On top of that I have had to delete a whole host of data because for some reason our data usage has doubled and I am not having a lot of luck finding out why.

I almost want to change hosts but it's not a simple thing and the costs are annoying and not in the budget from the tipping money doesnt cover.

For now we just have to deal with it.

You have my deepest apologies

is that bandwidth or actual space? because if it is space i would blame the fact that it would calc off both servers. And if it is bandwidth i blame -->>>

The news scrolly thingy

yeah its space and you got it pretty much spot on.

You when they moved servers it recalculate based on both until the migration was complete, and it essentially doubled our usage. I think our time on this host will be coming to an end soon, I might start looking for a faster one soon, as being on a lifetime account we kind of get the lesser performing server and I would prefer a faster site for all.

might hit up a few businesses for sponsoring the site, and that should cover a good deal

Dan

A potential disaster, we could have forever lost literary classics such as the famous 'I want to root Brett Stewart' topic. Boy, that was close

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
A potential disaster, we could have forever lost literary classics such as the famous 'I want to root Brett Stewart' topic. Boy, that was close

I know!

If Australian hosts were not so ridiculously priced I would move us to one of those, particularly as the speed of the site would be better for all, I just think their prices are uinjustifiable

I reckon I lost at least 50 applauds and DSM5 probably lost another 30 smites as well!!!  Just no justice in the world these days. Pearls of great wisdom will now be unfathomable and never repeated as well. :) :) :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8