Merry Christmas Silvertailers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just thought I’d pop to say I’m still kicking and to wish everyone a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year and please if travelling on the roads take good care as jeez it can be a bloody dangerous time for driving ( the nutters out in force ).

An interesting 3 months since I took a break , no big name recruiting ( Brooks was announced a while ago ) but I guess I didn’t expect that given the money invested in DCE/ Jurbo / Turbo & to a lesser extent Schuster.

I must say I like what I’m seeing in terms of Seibolds second year , there’s going to be plenty of competition for spots & that can’t be a bad thing, and I really do wonder how Schuster is going to go , hopefully better as a forward because he was never a 5/8.

Of course much depends on Tom and his ability to play more than about 3/4 games a year and let’s face it that remains to be seen.

The good news ( for those that know ) is I’m going to be away in the caravan next year for a very very long time , 7-8 months in fact with most of 24 being spent in WA.

I’ll be around for March and most of April, the gone until just before Christmas 24.

I have recently added a Starlink system to our van , so my months at a time off grid will be a thing of the past ( not sure if that’s a good or bad thing as it was peaceful when we were off grid).

And yes fishing will play a part in next year , hoping to catch some Barra in the Kimberley and we are having a few weeks at 80 mile beach so the surf rod can get a workout , plus I hope to do some fishing charters down around Exmouth. I never worry about photos ( I reckon that’s all bull**** ) so don’t expect to be bombarded with massive fish photos as that’s not my go.

And yes I’ll be back for the 24 season and sincerely hope we have a better year as we are certainly due, I however have decided I’ll give the game day threads a miss as they are far too hectic for my poor old heart !!

So until then , all the best for Christmas and Go Manly !!!

Oh and PS: the fatman comes #NextWeek so be careful about how much you eat and drink as it’ll come back to haunt you.

Just thought I’d pop to say I’m still kicking and to wish everyone a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year and please if travelling on the roads take good care as jeez it can be a bloody dangerous time for driving ( the nutters out in force ).

An interesting 3 months since I took a break , no big name recruiting ( Brooks was announced a while ago ) but I guess I didn’t expect that given the money invested in DCE/ Jurbo / Turbo & to a lesser extent Schuster.

I must say I like what I’m seeing in terms of Seibolds second year , there’s going to be plenty of competition for spots & that can’t be a bad thing, and I really do wonder how Schuster is going to go , hopefully better as a forward because he was never a 5/8.

Of course much depends on Tom and his ability to play more than about 3/4 games a year and let’s face it that remains to be seen.

The good news ( for those that know ) is I’m going to be away in the caravan next year for a very very long time , 7-8 months in fact with most of 24 being spent in WA.

I’ll be around for March and most of April, the gone until just before Christmas 24.

I have recently added a Starlink system to our van , so my months at a time off grid will be a thing of the past ( not sure if that’s a good or bad thing as it was peaceful when we were off grid).

And yes fishing will play a part in next year , hoping to catch some Barra in the Kimberley and we are having a few weeks at 80 mile beach so the surf rod can get a workout , plus I hope to do some fishing charters down around Exmouth. I never worry about photos ( I reckon that’s all bull**** ) so don’t expect to be bombarded with massive fish photos as that’s not my go.

And yes I’ll be back for the 24 season and sincerely hope we have a better year as we are certainly due, I however have decided I’ll give the game day threads a miss as they are far too hectic for my poor old heart !!

Oh and PS: the fatman comes #NextWeek so be careful about how much you eat and drink as it’ll come back to haunt you.
Always like hearing from you on here Mark.

This off season has been a little different...

Here's hoping 2024 is the year the team click, we play some attractive attacking football, and we can all chat about what a great season it is.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and enjoy your travels. May there be plenty of fish to catch!

New Year Christmas GIF by S4C

Bah humbug but I wish everyone a relaxing time, good to hear from you @Mark from Brisbane and good advice about the roads!
Missed the local Xmas tree sale so looks like we'll be decorating an indoor plant this year, lol, but should have plenty of good food and time off work so can't go wrong, really.
Santa Santa Santa Oi oi oi @:)

New Year Christmas GIF by S4C

Bah humbug but I wish everyone a relaxing time, good to hear from you @Mark from Brisbane and good advice about the roads!
Missed the local Xmas tree sale so looks like we'll be decorating an indoor plant this year, lol, but should have plenty of good food and time off work so can't go wrong, really.
Santa Santa Santa Oi oi oi @:)
I remember my old man looking for a good one in the Slieve Bloom Mountains... I don't think he'd ever heard of conservation..
"Beside the lake is a grove of Scots pine, a graceful tree rooted deeply in Ireland’s ecological past. This species once thrived on Ireland’s uplands and marginal habitats, but was pushed out as the climate grew wetter, bogs expanded and early farmers cleared the land. It may have survived in isolated refuges."

Can't help but feel a bit jealous. I hope my retirement is half as good as yours sounds. Happy holidays to you and yours.

The Starlink is a bit concerning. It will either make or break the curse. If we see positive results I have no doubt we will see you in the game day threads, from the middle of nowhere.

Merry Christmas feathered friend Mark and good to see you posting again
Sounds like you are enjoying life and Good health which is a blessing

The Greatest Blessing to the Manly Soul of course is a Manly premiership Win and I hope Our long awaited Blessing will come in the New Year
There is a lot of positive talk going on but we need to walk the talk and march out on Grand final day and live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark Premiership winning standards and Prevail

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to All
God Bless you All
and God Bless Our Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles
1702856077392.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10