(Merged Thread) T Rex Charged with Grade 4, 7-10 Weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: T-Rex is in trouble

Masked Eagle said:
I put it just slightly better than the one that got David Taylor suspended for 6 weeks last year. Taylor did try and fight the charge plus he had priors which added a couple of weeks on it.

However, if I'm not mistaken T-Rex does have some carry over points which might add an extra game to it. I'm thinking he'll get 4, maybe 5. Not all doom and gloom as it hopefully finally means some decent playing time for Buhrer. Worst part is it might effect T-Rex origins chances and totally screws up my Fantasy team with injuries to Fensom as well this week!!!!!

Think you are spot on.

I was just thinking that Buhrer should get more time on the field.

If T-rex had lifted him up any higher he'd have had to provide him an oxygen supply. 4 wks with the loading is my guess.

Napper said:
He should be congratulated not suspended.

That was my thought after seeing it at the ground. TV hasn't changed that opinion.

He should get four or five based on the tackle alone. That's one of the worst tackles in years.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
He should get four or five based on the tackle alone. That's one of the worst tackles in years.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad. It looked spectacular because it all happened very quickly, but he didn't have his hands anywhere near the legs, he didn't drive his head into the ground and he didn't do any damage. Both coaches after the game said there was no intent and there was nothing in it.

It was not intentional but a shocker, take your maroon and white glasses off. He was lucky de gois tucked his head under as he hit the ground.

CLIT COMMANDER said:

Why?

He never lifted with intent to drive and although DeGois legs went above his head, he landed on his side. Not on his shoulders or head.

If Frank Pritchard only gets 1 week for knocking a bloke out with his shoulder, (which i don't agree with) T-rex should only get 1 for flinging a bloke to the ground.

Since Thurston got off a few years ago for lifting around the legs - how can T-rex get anything for lifting around the ribs?

Grade 1 careless at most

No one is saying he has no case to answer. But is hardly the worst tackle in history.

One of the best tackles I have seen in years.
Such power and skill. Fantastic. May I remind you softies this ain't soccer. I hate fakers who lay down, De Gois was truly feeling that. Lol.

No intent,doesnt know his strength and bad luck how it all panned out but unfortunately will be a month on sidelines for sure.

When I saw it I thought it would be 2-3 weeks for the tackle plus 1 week loading for being a Manly player.

Tooves said last night that Glenn is out for 2-3 weeks more. I hope Joe will be back to replace TRex. If not, then I suppose Rose or it could be an opportunity to see a new body in nrl like Nick Skinner.

Expanding on what Mr Invisible said.

Considering the following:

Every 100 points = 1 week suspension

Dangerous Throw - Points
Grade 1 - 125 (150)
Grade 2 - 325 (390)
Grade 3 - 525 (630)
Grade 4 - 725 (870)
Grade 5 - 925 (1110)

He gets 20% loading on top of any of those which is in brackets.

Then add on any carry over points. Lets assume he has 50.

Then if he pleads guilty early he gets a 25% reduction.

I'd say it will be graded at 2, which will mean 390 plus carry over points (lets assume 50) = 440. Minus 25% if he pleads guilty = 330.

3 Weeks and he will have 30 carry over points.

CLIT COMMANDER said:

Stevo said:
No one is saying he has no case to answer. But is hardly the worst tackle in history.

Don't worry about this guy.

CLIT COMMANDER there's something not right about you.. 738 posts and every one of them is negative....

I was there and I thought it was a very good, though hard tackle. He threw him but didn't drive him. The guy's just so strong. I think in future he should just pick guys up and throw them as hard as he can back towards their own try-line.

Gallen has come out this morning in support of trex saying there was no intent and he shouldn't be suspended

Cambo said:
Gallen has come out this morning in support of trex saying there was no intent and he shouldn't be suspended

This is why supporters from all clubs don't mind Gallen, he is a top bloke. That said Trex will spend at least 4 weeks on the sideline unfortunately.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8