1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menzies

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DUFFMAN, Apr 9, 2007.

1. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5
    There is a report in tuesdays telegraph that menzies wont be returning till atleast round 8, but more then likely later. The DR's are unsure what his injury is and cant do much for it to they know

2. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This has me very worried. If you added a fit Beaver to this team (as well as Ox ovbviously) I think we would shred the Dogs. I would love to see Beaver running wide of the ruck and causing havoc by linking up with Lyon/Bell/Stewart.

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Interesting. I would love to see him on the paddock but the replacements are doing a good job at present. His defence and experience will be great.

This is unusual as he has hardly missed any games over his career and had a very low injury rate. There were rumours of hip problems prior to the season and the lower back, hammies, groin etc are all connected. Just hope the doctors know what they are doing.

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Age is the thing with injuries.

5. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Lower abdominal injuries are particularly hard to indentify and even harder to treat.

6. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I hope they treat him on the conservative side. We need him fit at the pointy end of the season more than we need him now. No point rushing him back early and then only having him at 50% for the rest of the year.

7. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Agreed Gronk, especially while we are winning. This may have a positive side effect - he will be rearing to go when he gets back - I think we will see a more inspired Beaver than ever.

8. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Might even enable him to play on next year.

9. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Yes I would rather play with a fit and fresh Beaver than a worn out Beaver with an unidentified lower abdominal problem.

I think we all would actually.

Sorry, I just couldn't bear to see a thread about Steve Menzies without a mention of the fact that his nickname is similar to a nickname for a part of the female anatomy. It just didn't seem quite right to me.