Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader
I've always wondered why this great club of ours has never had huge membership numbers...and after speaking with a mate who is a Bulldogs fanatic, I now know why.
At the Dogs v Tigers game on Monday night, the Bulldogs launched a membership drive - General Admin membership for remaining home games (10 games).....................$95 and what happened? 8000 new members, jeez I'd nearly sign up!!

Yeah, but at $9.50 a ticket, they're losing money we probably can't afford to. It's all well & good to have these thousands of members but if all they're doing is losing the club gate-takings, what's the point?

And I can't get an email response from our membership mob.Got my entry card,but no cap.That's a redeemable voucher-so I have to wait til the 1st home game I get to,to get it.Can't wear it around until then!No postage option,like last year.And goodness knows where my football club membership has ended up!

Ayjay you did better than me, 2 memberships, no caps and no vouchers either.  After forking out $800 quite disappointed to receive very little, major downgrade from last year's package.

I get a lot of emails through this site about membership, so there is some communication issues there. I always direct them to the MWSE phone and email to get them to contact the club directly.

With the Bulldogs. I wonder if that is sustainable?
I mean really that might get you 8000 members at one game for the rest of the year, but what do you lose on gate takings for the rest of the year, and what would the attrition rate be for next year?

I guess if you even get 10 - 20% of those renewing their membership next year for less benefits you still win out.

But man that's a massive financial hit, last time I went to a game tickets were around $26.00 that means they are taking a $16.50 hit per game, assuming all of those people go to every game.

If only half of them go they probably break even. I guess the luxury of playing out of Homebush is you get a bonus paid to you from playing out there.

If Sydney were better designed for sport much like Melbourne, then I could see a move away from the suburban grounds and an overall increase in game attendance. Don't be fooled, this is the way the NRL will eventually go. I just wish they would put another 4 platforms at Homebush train station

Talk to the club rather than bagging them out in public, Kate. It's just a cap anyway, I'll give you mine if it means that much to you. I have a pile of never worn ones to choose from.

As long as you have your ticket, the rest is just crap they don't need to waste money on.

MissKate link said:
Ayjay you did better than me, 2 memberships, no caps and no vouchers either.  After forking out $800 quite disappointed to receive very little, major downgrade from last year's package.

Not good.It's the non-contact that gets me.I emailed them the day I got the mail.Will be having a serious re-think next year.

actually come to think of it, that's a hit of somewhere around 132k give or take a thousand.

What is the bonus that they get for playing out of there 100k or 200k?

So really they get the members for the same price what they are getting in bonus anyway and then they add all of the other knock along merchandise and catering profits and end up on top.

Brookvale oval isn't geared the same way and it would cost Manly whereas the Bulldogs break even IMO

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300407835[/time]

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=186917.msg324262#msg324262 date=1300407108]
Ayjay you did better than me, 2 memberships, no caps and no vouchers either.  After forking out $800 quite disappointed to receive very little, major downgrade from last year's package.

Not good.It's the non-contact that gets me.I emailed them the day I got the mail.Will be having a serious re-think next year.
[/quote]

Can I suggest that you pick up the phone. I think we can all agree that the clubs IT policies are a little antiquated and they tend not to do their business as electronically as we would like. If you want something resolved you would be better to pick up the phone rather than email them, at least then you get a fast or human response

Duff link said:
Talk to the club rather than bagging them out in public, Kate. It's just a cap anyway, I'll give you mine if it means that much to you. I have a pile of never worn ones to choose from.

As long as you have your ticket, the rest is just crap they don't need to waste money on.

Not the point!They say you'll get something-you should get it!She probably wants one from the club,not from you.If you buy a car and they say they'll put mats in it for free,and there are no mats,what do you do.....borrow some off your mate?No,you get the mats,even if they're a freebie.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300408152[/time]

Dan link said:
actually come to think of it, that's a hit of somewhere around 132k give or take a thousand.

What is the bonus that they get for playing out of there 100k or 200k?

So really they get the members for the same price what they are getting in bonus anyway and then they add all of the other knock along merchandise and catering profits and end up on top.

Brookvale oval isn't geared the same way and it would cost Manly whereas the Bulldogs break even IMO

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300407835[/time]

[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=186917.msg324272#msg324272 date=1300407700]
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=186917.msg324262#msg324262 date=1300407108]

[/quote]

Can I suggest that you pick up the phone. I think we can all agree that the clubs IT policies are a little antiquated and they tend not to do their business as electronically as we would like. If you want something resolved you would be better to pick up the phone rather than email them, at least then you get a fast or human response
[/quote]

STD number.I'd rather them let me pay for the postage.E-mails to continue.

Ajay, STD number? It costs about $1 per 5 minutes at the most.
Really you should be following all leads to track it down if it worries you that much

Yeah but ayjay, a car dealer is a scumbag who's trying to rip you off so you'll try to take him for whatever you can.

The FC is something you love. I'll put up with being treated like crap by someone I love better than by a scumbag. As long as they got our money, I'm happy.

Duff link said:
Yeah but ayjay, a car dealer is a scumbag who's trying to rip you off so you'll try to take him for whatever you can.

The FC is something you love. I'll put up with being treated like crap by someone I love better than by a scumbag. As long as they got our money, I'm happy.

Sounds like a domestic violence issue

Dan link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186917.msg324281#msg324281 date=1300408514]

Sounds like a domestic violence issue
[/quote]

I walked into a door.

Bulldogs can afford it because the stadium pays them to play there, no matter what the crowd, it's guaranteed income, just like our games that are taken away from Brookie. Why do you think Souths moved there?

Up until now membership was a donation to the club, in exchange you got... tickets at normal pric and a hat, pretty much and a warm fuzzy feeling.

Its only in the last few years and more specifically this year where membership has really been saving you a lot of $$.

In club terms of suporting the club, with the season pass so cheap, you would probably be better off paying full price to all of the games. So if this is the case, what excatly does membership really mean?

Most members are the people that are going to show up to every home game anyway, so is sacrificing 50% of the cost of a ticket really worth it?

The Dogs can do it, as everyone says, because they are paid to play out of the Stadium.  Manly aren't.  The problems of Brookvale will see the club out of the comp eventually unless there's an effort to construct a stadium on the peninsula.  Better get to work on those scumbag pollies Zorba.

Common sense would say it is worth it seeing as every club is pushing it pretty hard, I don't think they would be so keen if it was not advantageous for themselves. If they are losing money and not getting any benefit from it then we have 16 very stupid clubs.

I don't really care about the hat, the club can stick it where the sun don't shine.  Just more poor form from the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4