1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne mechanics

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by COMMANDER, Apr 9, 2012.

1. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Had a good look at the Storm for the first time this year and was wondering what they have sown into their jersey above the centre of the shoulder blades.

Is it just the usual GPS setup?

Some players had the hardware onboard and others didn't, but every jersey had the little pocket sown into it.

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    That's receiver for the remote control ;)

3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    I hate them more than any team but they are unbeatable at the moment. Whatever Bellamy has done off season has them in superb condition. They look way fitter, stronger and bigger than any other team. They are demolishing every other team in the competition. If they keep this up its going to be a foregone conclusion well before the semis.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    Melbourne mechanics are no match for Brookvale scientists, pass that bottle of calves blood...

5. Manly Daly

Manly Daly Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    They slip the cash in there now not into the paper bags

6. Av8r

Av8r Active Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 10
    Just like last year they're playing their best footy at the wrong end of the season and just like last year they won't make the G.F.

7. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Hard to believe such a strong club needed to cheat.

Worth noting there is no salary cap for spend on facilities, coaching and training staff. The Storm lose lots of money but of course are owned by News Ltd.

Maybe they are wearing hacking devices...?

8. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Whatever they are doing they are looking disciplined, intense, and the 'nobodies' are lifting to the standards of the 'great three'. I may loathe them, but I respect (and even admire) them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 8
    They complete their sets, something we have been shocking at this year. Its the easiest thing to do in Rugby League, but also the hardest !

10. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27

Actually, they remind me of the Knights 97 grandfinal team:rolleyes:

11. Manly Daly

Manly Daly Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    They are going to resemble the Warriors
    2011 team, when Manly beat them in the GF

12. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    After watching the slime and Drugcastle play, the purple scum looked like they were playing in a different competition altogether. They looked focussed and hungry, and I reckon the scoreline flattered the cowgirls!

However....... it's awfully early in the season to be playing semi final footy: I hope they fade away like an 80's one hit wonder in the latter half of the season ;)

13. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    Well considering we have been without at least 3 test players for every game we have lost take 3 test players out of the Storm team and see how well they go.

14. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I'll wait until there traditional struggle period to call them premiers

15. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    Currently, Melbourne are the best team by a long way, with Cronulla probably second. I think the only way to beat them is to get physical and upset their rhythm. We did it at Brookie last year, and I think their pack is vulnerable. But we'll need to be at full strength and feed our forwards on raw meat for a week before the contest, especially someone like Lussick.

While Melbourne are playing wonderfully well, there are a host of teams that are playing like busteds. Leading them are the Worriers... what has happened to them? Then there's the Titans. Parra, Easts and Newcastle. The Tigers have lost four in a row but they are playing better than this woeful group.

16. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Canberra rattled them.
    I think the dogs might do the same.

17. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,599 / 45
    Melbourne's mental toughness is tremendous. The fact that they can utilise different players in different roles is a bonus. Their fitness levels are very good. The Bronco's are second on the table for a reason. They are strong, fit and mobile.
    We have not been full strength and fully rested for a while now. I would be happy to give Foran and Snake the week off if it meant they would be 100% next week. When fully fit and have all players on deck, we will roll the Storm and Broncs. Cooper Cronk firing is good news for us with DCE in the mix for SOO.

18. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    How's their PD of 119. That two and a half times better than their nearest rival on 44, and it's only round six.

If it was a first past the post comp you'd hand it too them now.

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Last year sportsbet.com paid out on Illawara as minor premiers - in May.

It was a stunt, the bookies know it's way too early to call a race like this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I think they got this when they got done for rotting the cap. They started to experiment then by putting players in different positions etc.