McGregor arrested for DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lucky bastard! Wish I could find 10k.

DUI = Delivering Unsportsmanlike Instructions. (to his players)

Charged by Trent Robinson and found guilty.

lol

Apparently it's what Brett/Mase went through last year.

Get clobbered, sleep it off then drive the next day, but their liver was still working to break down the alcohol @:cool:

image.png

What an absolute joke.

The guy was right on the line. It's not like he did a Liam.

Talk about a non story. He shouldn't have even been fined by the club.

Spot on. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers (a good mate of my dad's was killed by one)...but these are the only examples I have any sympathy for; I've driven the morning after a big night plenty of times myself (and I tend to be overly careful in terms of not even driving after two drinks, just in case), I tend to metabolize alcohol quickly (trust me, it sucks!) but who knows what other factors might affect that on any given day.

McGregor should obviously have to pay whatever fine is applicable for the offence, the same as anyone else, but his employer fining him on top of that is double-dipping and just plain ludicrous in this case.

Spot on. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers (a good mate of my dad's was killed by one)...but these are the only examples I have any sympathy for; I've driven the morning after a big night plenty of times myself (and I tend to be overly careful in terms of not even driving after two drinks, just in case), I tend to metabolize alcohol quickly (trust me, it sucks!) but who knows what other factors might affect that on any given day.

McGregor should obviously have to pay whatever fine is applicable for the offence, the same as anyone else, but his employer fining him on top of that is double-dipping and just plain ludicrous in this case.

I think they would be trying to reinforce the message that they are trying to get to the players that DUI is unacceptable ....

I think they would be trying to reinforce the message that they are trying to get to the players that DUI is unacceptable ....

I get that, but shouldn't they also be able to understand the difference between deliberately driving with a skinful, and making an honest mistake? There's a reason the police/court penalties for DUI vary as widely as they do, depending on circumstances and what range you fall into.

its always an honest mistake ... unless your paralytic

Nah, I don't buy that. I worked with someone up until a few months ago who was in the habit of routinely having 4 or 5 glasses of wine with lunch and then driving home. She was never what you'd call paralytic, not even close, but would've definitely been over the limit and well aware of it every single time. Not the first example of that I've seen either, it seems to be a more common attitude amongst people in their 50s/60s who lived through an era where drink driving wasn't such a big deal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4