Matt Wright's try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I have Matt Wright my 2 points yesterday as I thought he had a great game.
As mentioned he’s no world beater just a solid player with few mistakes, safe hands and a pretty decent football brain. He filled in at 5/8 even one game.
He is a great player to keep on the books as he covers quite a few positions and with injuries the way they are now I would keep him around.
He’s the new Hiku.

Matt wright had a good game for the 1st time. Hes playing for a contract and it shows if he keeps this up we should give him another year. He played with some heart for the 1st time in a manly Jersey that iv seen. He does alot of stupid things and has a short temper he like uate have lost us many games but theyve stepped up as they want another contract. Id let both of them walk tbh unless there cheapest among the squad. Oh and sack jono wright useless as a 1 legged man in an arse kicking contest
Matt Wright has played well before... you must have been out doing what it is young people do on those occasions and missed those games.

Matt wright had a good game for the 1st time. Hes playing for a contract and it shows if he keeps this up we should give him another year. He played with some heart for the 1st time in a manly Jersey that iv seen. He does alot of stupid things and has a short temper he like uate have lost us many games but theyve stepped up as they want another contract. Id let both of them walk tbh unless there cheapest among the squad. Oh and sack jono wright useless as a 1 legged man in an arse kicking contest

Matty Wright is no future Immortal, but he gives his all when he's out on the field. Take Saturday night for a perfect example, his try was a simple case of giving his all, never giving up. Everyone else thought the ball was headed for either the sideline or dead ball line, but Wright chased hard and scored an improbable try.

And while I still believe that you don't want to have to rely on having him in your starting side on a long term basis, he does provide good utility cover. He can play wing, centre, fullback and as @Lyonstomenzies said he even filled in at 5/8 this year in the game where Croker did his ACL. Hell, at one point in that game I think he and Api even swapped and Matty was our dummy half.

He's had plenty of good games for Manly. Saturday night's win wasn't the first time.

given this thread is a Matty Wright sausage love fest my view will come at odds. Sure hes a safe pair of hands who very occasionally pulls off some massive plays but hes not that good. SAFE isn't great no matter which way you lick the sugar coating..

He seems to drop a lot of ball from memory and make silly mistakes too often. Not blinding fast or special just Safe...

Nothing wrong with Safe. Safe is handy when your specials are not about but not a game breaker..

[QUOTE="Pittwater Legend, post: 1031692, member: 818"

I can't believe that it didn't hit the corner post, which would have been a 7 tackle set to the Storm[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was thinking about this last week.
Why is that if the ball hits it from a kick it’s a seven tackle set but a player can wipe it out whilst scoring a try?

Well the two best wingers the world has ever seen ..... that were gong to rip us apart because of our shiit wingers according to some .... Ado Carr and Vunaavvavarreai ..... have now respectively got "Matt's Bitch" and "Uate's Bitch" tattooed on their foreheads .......

I was flying with Etihad over the last week and you'll be happy to know that their in flight entertainment has a 24hr Sports Channel which among other things shows the NRL. Who should be featured in their promo other than the great Matt "Two Wrongs" Wright streaking away down the wing in the clear. He's representing us to a world wide audience

I agree with that but it's not the right time to blood young untried players when we're trying to climb the ladder and especially when they are winning games.
You don’t know that but.. it’s all theoretical at this stage. I mean look at isaako look how far he has come in 10 games of first grade

I think Matt Wright’s time is up we have too many young backs coming through. It’s either he goes or 2 of them do

given this thread is a Matty Wright sausage love fest my view will come at odds. Sure hes a safe pair of hands who very occasionally pulls off some massive plays but hes not that good. SAFE isn't great no matter which way you lick the sugar coating..

He seems to drop a lot of ball from memory and make silly mistakes too often. Not blinding fast or special just Safe...

Nothing wrong with Safe. Safe is handy when your specials are not about but not a game breaker..

Safe and solid breeds confidence in the team, and precisely what we need.

Safe and solid breeds confidence in the team, and precisely what we need.

Safe and solid did sweet FA last night.. why does TB continue to play plodders? Just put Tom wright in the team and lets see what happens. it may be a disaster but cant be any worse than Matt Wright or Parker....

At least the kid has some xfactor. sink or swim time.....

Safe and solid did sweet FA last night.. why does TB continue to play plodders? Just put Tom wright in the team and lets see what happens. it may be a disaster but cant be any worse than Matt Wright or Parker....

At least the kid has some xfactor. sink or swim time.....

Yes season is gone so tend to agree. Both Wright and funa are part of top 30 so nothing to lose

I thought apart from a horror drop ball, Wright made some good tackles on the line and made some tough hitups.
The game does admittedly go into slow motion when he chimes into the attack and there were a few opportunities that a back with average pace could easily have converted into line breaks if not points.
In fairness the chosen 17 should have got the job done on Thursday and every time they got into attacking range and played direct, could post points.
Unfortunately the leadership got Manly into terrible positions on the field iced with possibly the worst kicking game I have suffered in a while.
When Manly did get close range, Lane and even Kelly strong armed over for tries.
It was a game where the front 12 should have done enough for Wright to play a safe, average game at the back and come away with a win.

What ive seen of tom wright thus far id pass. But i havnt seen a lot. Id keep matt wright in the squad and if tom is as ready as some say blood him at 6 and give hodko the team while he isnt injured

No one said he's a world beater but most times puts in more of an effort than some of our highly paid players, who have been under-performing and DCE is at the top of that list.

Check the stats. DCE usually does as much tackling as many of the forwards, he makes usually well over 100 metres, he has been doing the kicking, the organising etc etc. DCE is making mistakes because he is overdoing it because others in the team are not pullling their weght. Api, Taupau, TT, Jake, Kelly and possibly AFB are the only ones trully puting in and that's why mistakes are being make. Johnson does well on occasions, Lane is improving, but without Walker and Sironen, Manly have struggled to make an impact.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10