1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matai

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ralphie, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I'm deeply concern about Skivvy. Didn't look good & there were no reports on his condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    There is not a match goes by without him being injured. I hope he is OK. He's such a fantastic team man. Hope he gets his head scans because he did look concussed. I'm sure hearing the end score will cheer him up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    I've never seen Stevie like that before. Looked in a real bad way. But he'll be right for next week, the trooper!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    Hope he is Ok but you can tell everyone loves Skivvy you could hear the whole crowd clap him off when he wobbled off to the sheds

• Like Like x 1
  5. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    By the looks of it he wont play again this year sickening head clash with the ground same type of thing that kills blokes in the coward punch attacks

6. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    He is so hard he knocked himself out. Get well soon Stevie, hated seeing you like that:h:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Why was there a medical report on all other injured players but nothing said about Skivvy. I'm very worried because that usually means it's so bad they can't say.

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Matai needs to get a neurological test - he looked white and totally non compos mentis.:angel:

Hope Manly update the Fans ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    2v in the Presser said that it's just concussion and Matai wanted to get back on :inlove:

Here is the latest news on the injury front from our win over the Warriors today.

Forwards Tom Symonds, Luke Burgess and Ligi Sao will undergo scans on Monday to determine the extent of their knee injuries.

Centre Steve Matai suffered concussion and will be monitored during the week.

10. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Get well soon Skivvy that was a hell of a hit :/

11. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    Me too .....and what made it worse was seeing him struggling so much to walk off. Why couldn't he be carried off?!! :banghead: Poor Stevie:h:

12. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    When you are knocked senseless, it is vital to keep your motor nerves working by moving your limbs, in case you go into a coma.
    It looks awful but it's life saving - or Matai just refused to be carried off like a girl:giggle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Was good in the presser to see Toovey having a laugh about Stevie wanting to come back.
    Wouldn't expect anything less from the Matai.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +866 / 14
    Would want to walk off himself (or as much as possible) especially playing in NZ. He wouldn't want his Brother or Parents to see him get carried off. But it's our Skivvy so no surprise the beast!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I would be resting Stevie this week, he looked very crook, never nice, he also got a head knock last Monday too,

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Surely in this day and age he will have the week off to rest up until any swelling has gone down.

17. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +885 / 27
    If Manly don't rest him this week I think the NRL will step in and insist on it.

As much as we need him against bris, his health comes first and he should have a week off.

Put your feet up Steve and get yourself right.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Agree. The last player I can recall looking so busted was that young Tiger Dwyer(?) and he turned out to be very seriously hurt. Rest him as long as it takes. Anyway Hiku has done well at left centre and we do have another wing candidate.

19. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    According to Richie Barnett on the sidelines, Skivy's eyes were rolling back in his head when he came off. Not good and I'm glad they didn't let him go back on regardless of the fact that players were dropping like flies who just got hit with the Baygon.

As much as we would love to have him out there against the Donkey's next week......I think he should have the week off because he knocked himself silly. Play Hiku at left centre and bring Turbo Tom back onto the wing.

20. Beaver boy

Beaver boy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 71
    He is way down on form. Was the best centre in game early last year.