• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
How many weeks will he get for injuring 1 of the Golden boys ? Probably about 4-6 weeks for a dangerous sliding tackle

cant say i was dissapointed hearing about the injury and not the way i expected matai to take inglis out

Matai is putting in this year and is one of our best. His attack has been very good and it is no coincidence that Robbo has scored a good number of tries. Our backs are looking so much better this year.

Matai has been one of our best each game, tonight was no exception. The overhead pass to robbo for the try was special.

I think he is finally playing fit without the restriction of that shoulder/neck injury. And it's showing, he has consistently been one of our best all year. Great game tonight and icing on the cake that he injured that turncoat Inglis, hope he is out for Origin.

Even I have to admit he has been good this year. Very good. I can't fault any player at the moment

didnt you get the memo?

Matai will be the first player charged with the new rule.

"Attacking the ankle of an opposing player with a buttock" :)

Very funny Fro.  I saw Matai clutch his lower leg at about the 74th minute last night.  Funny that.  I doubt if he was injured, just playing with them.  He's going great and deserves another couple of years.  Ted also went well.  The team was just excellent last night and I look forward to seeing them cream the Titans next week at home.

There was talk previously about what a chronic neck problem Matai had & that suggested it wasnt necessarily fixable, yet he now he seems to be without pain even when dropping the shoulder into tackles & is fully fit.

Do anyone think that his off season sugery has fully rectified the condition ?

I said to my wife last night, "I think I love Steve Matai." I then explained I actually loved the way he plays the game. He's always put in for us, and now his skill level is improving as well. I'd hate to see him play for anyone else.

Jatz, someone on here said they spoke to Matai in Auckland and he had a big op over the off season and has never felt better for it

Is going great, centre is a bloody tough spot to play, and outside of speed I personally believe he has all the other skills required. Reading of the play is good on when to come in and shut it off, is showing good skills putting his winger away for tries, and has a step there as well. Is still reasonably young as well. 1 we shouldn't let get away imo

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Jatz, someone on here said they spoke to Matai in Auckland and he had a big op over the off season and has never felt better for it

Thanks KE.

Agree, an injury free Matai is a must keep.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8