1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matai, Stewart, Foran...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Beaver boy, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Beaver boy

Beaver boy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 71
    These three were pathetic today , but lets be honest the Broncos were near perfect today.

• Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 2
  2. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    The Broncos are not that good.
    Played 35 perfect minutes to 20-0, then Manly all over them and if it wasn't by a bonehead Stewart play to be in Forans pocket with the tryline wide open, plus flukey donkey tries Manly win this by 12.
    Broncos are willing, but are chumps if the flow is against them.
    NYEagle

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. ManlyMatt

ManlyMatt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    Ok I've been a really harsh critic of Foran lately so I'm going to try and be a bit more diplomatic. It's clear at some point in the last year, Foran has been told that his missile like runs are going to cut his career short. Naturally he has had to change his game and as a result he is not (nearly) as effective. Wouldn't it be worth it to very nicely, drop him to the NSW cup for a few weeks while he gets the basic parts of his game, and possibly his confidence, in order. If he gets a chance to work on a new game in a team under less pressure he might still be able to add something to our season before he leaves for the eels. He will not add anything if we stick to what we've been doing. In saying that it might not matter in the near future as Jamie Lyon might be out for a while and you couldn't drop him with no replacement.

4. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Foran was one of our better players tonight and ran a lot more than I have seen in almost a year. He made 166 metres with the ball in hand which was nearly 60 more than ANY other Manly player tonight. In fact, Leary was our next best with 107. I can't see why he should be dropped after that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Hmmmm, stats never lie about players form too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Like the golfer guy with his putter.
    Just get him his broomstick back and we win!
    No?
    ;)

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Not sure what stats you are looking at, NRLstats has 4 runs for 24m. Seems a rather big difference

8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    I've loved watching Matai over the years but he is a shadow of what he used to be. The guy looks like a mummy bandaged up the way he is. He constantly misses tackles now, ones that he used to cream. In fact his miss cost us last week. We should have released him last year. It was smart to ditch Choc it would also have been smart to release Stevie and let him get his big final payday at the Worriers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +682 / 19
    It was smart to ditch choc but we are missing him and i think he is missing us. The kick chase aggression is what I miss most about him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. naw017

naw017 Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    DCE signs for life and snake has his worst game of the year. I wish this team would play together again deadset

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Harsh. Foran's timing was a bit off, the kick out on the full after our first set, and then he passed a fraction too late to a flying Stewart.
    Matai was obviously hurt. Again. Which I concede is a worry going forward.

12. philing00

philing00 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Yeh, Broncos are well coached and playing well as a team while more talented teams like Roosters and Souths are struggling. But anythign can happen in the finals so I dont think theyll win it.

13. SilverSkier

SilverSkier Active Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 3
    I can see the Broncos doing an arsey,channel 9 induced, home crowd, Friday night, ref assisted run to the big one. Bennett has come home and all that s$&t.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. All Hail King Lyon

All Hail King Lyon Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    Running meters from someone in the back doesnt necessarily mean he played well. Hiku runs more metres at fullback than snake does but I wouldnt swap them! its his attitude (or lack of) its just seems he doesnt play with the same intensity he does for New Zealand or a couple of seasons ago!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Leave them alone as they are still mourning over the loss of gifty and wantmore.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    That wasn't ass on Friday night.

17. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Manly have had half a dozen chances to let Matai go. Age catches up to outside backs almost overnight. It is almost embarrassing seeing Matai and Lyon up against big, fast centres. We just have a slow backline to go with a weak forward pack.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    And a vertically challenged coach

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wombat64

Wombat64 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Church Point
    Ratings:
    +1,373 / 37