1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matai out injured again

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Guest, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From today's Manly Daily

Incumbent Jason King is tipped to get the nod in the starting line-up, with recruit Josh Perry set to make his club debut off the bench.

Hooker Matt Ballin should be named at No 9, with Heath L'Estrange missing out.
    In the backs, centre David Vaealiki will start alongside Steven Bell with Steve Matai out injured.

WTF is wrong with Matai now? 

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Spoke to Steve at the fan day he is out until Round 4, had an operation to overcome the neck/shoulder injury that plagued him last year

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not happy about Vaealiki starting.  This is when we miss not having a proper 5/8 as we would be better off moving Lyon to centre to cover Matai.

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,132 / 289
    Expect Matai to miss at least 50-80% of the season. He's already missed 15-20% now not including finals.

THIS is the reason he's both a waste of money and a liability.

5. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    The other good news is that Brett Stewart has been cleard to play.

6. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Ryan it wasnt that long ago you were questioning Brett Stewarts contribution to the side because you claimed he was an injury liability.
    Players get injured, it happens. 

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Matai has had 1 bad season injury wise out of 3

His 1st year he played 9 matches, which would have been available all the time
    Year 2 24/26 for the season
    Then last year where he missed a bit of footy

If Cuthbertson cops a bad injury this year maybe he should be thrown out the door too eh

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,132 / 289
    Have you taken into considerations suspension in all that Kiwi?
    Yeah, he gets injured a bundle, but he gets suspended a fair bit as well.  Then I look at his off field issues to boot. Now, if you say he's already going to miss 4 games and 2 trials this year, I'd assume that's 2 straight years littered with injury.

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Suspensions would indicate themselves in the games played

It was the clubs decision that he would miss the start of the season, they could have booked him in for the surgery whenever they wanted, but they both chose to play on.

4 weeks out of a 24 games + finals isn't too bad.

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,132 / 289
    Fair enough. I WILL say that when he's on the park, he's an asset. It's his ability to get there is the problem in my book.

11. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    i dont even think hes an asset when plays.. just because he makes a good hit in defence here and there doesnt mean he has  good defence. He gets caught out and gets exposed by a decent centre 1 on 1.

Id rather we play him at lock.