1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matai Cleared of charges

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by torana355, Jul 26, 2010.

1. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Manly centre Steve Matai has escaped suspension for his high tackle on Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah.

No charges were laid by the NRL's match review committee out of the weekend's round 20 matches.

Matai was placed on report after catching Farah high late in the first half of Sunday's win to the Sea Eagles at Bluetongue Stadium.

The fiery Sea Eagles back was then sin-binned after taking exception to Farah staying down after what he deemed to be minimal contact.

Brisbane and the Sydney Roosters will complete the round at Suncorp Stadium on Monday night.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59553/matai-cleared-no-nrl-judiciary-charges/default.aspx

2. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Surprise surprise, so Robbie what comment now?

3. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 2
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so he should be.. lucky his binning didnt have any affect on the out come..

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    It would have been a tragedy had Matai been charged. There was not one thing illegal about that at all, and nothing reckless, careless or intentional.

I wonder what Mr "everythings fine" Finch will say about it

6. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    There would of been no penalty or anything had the player concerned no been Matai.

He is victimised and is "on watch" by the refs.

7. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    They should have charged Farah with imprersonating an actor

8. cc eagle

cc eagle Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 2
    Obviously Robbie must have been watching tooooooo much world cup soccer.

9. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    What's ridiculous is that it has to be "bad enough" to go on report to have the video ref call back to a penalty if the player stays down.

Seems to make sense, however apparently its bad enough to be on report EVERY FREAKING TIME!!!! For even whatever high tackles etc.

The video refs KPIs should include a negative measure of how often they 'on report' someone who isn't charged in this situation.

10. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I may be wrong but I was under the impression the penalty came more so from the back slap & the almost fight afterwards.

It seemed Hayne was happy to put it on report but Matai's reaction is what led to the penalty.

Mind you I stand by the fact I am yet to see where Matai makes any contact let alone illegal contact with Farah

11. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I just thought that Steve went up to Farrah and patted him on the back asking if was alright.  For that he got sinbinned???

12. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
  13. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    If it goes on report you get penalised. They dont say "hey, that looked bad, lets put it on report and keep playing"

They already were penalised when he tapped him on the back. He was sent of for stirring **** basically. Hardly a sin binning offense but I think the idea was more to calm him down so things didnt explode. more like "dissent"

I must say Hayne had a woeful game, penalising King foe god knows what, then Watmough for a "strip" all he did was stand up there was nothing "blatant" as Hayne said about it. Then warning Jamie that the next one was in the bin. FFS that would be fine if they were all deliberate infringements

14. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Yeah not Hayne's finest performance.

15. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Word is Russell Crowe is in talks to sign Farrar!!!

For his next movie...  :D

16. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0

17. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    [/quote]Maybe it should be spelt D.O.G

18. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
  19. sydsider

sydsider Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    What a cat.Worse than an eye gouge.What did Ali Baba say to the forty thieves? Trust me with your life my friend.Farahs related to Ali.

20. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I can't remember off the top of my head, but was Hayne the ref the night Stevie turned his back on the ref and walked away when receiving a caution....twice !!!!!!!! Perhaps that was Shayne "my parents weren't thinking clearly when they named me" Hayne's square up for Matai dissing him.