1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master vs Aprentice

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Utility Player, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
  2. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,404 / 35
    The prince was absent. If he was there, manly probably would have won.

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
  4. Utility Player

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I would have been just as happy to gloat but the Doggies really toughed it out which in no small measure must be reflected on their coach.

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    At times we seem very ad lib in the attacking zone. at our best over the past few years everyone seems to know exactly where to go and what is happening. A few times this year players seem to be making it up as they go and end up going in circles.

Not sure what the solution to that is.

Possibly also a bit short in attention to detail, particularly in having penty of shielding when defending kicks, or just in defending kicks in general. Wingers & fullbacks going near touch?

A for effort though. We played very well overall. The dogs gutsed it out and were very well organised to withstand what our team threw at them tonight. This is not the end.

• Like Like x 1
  6. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yeah this is what is so obvious to me aswell. We just don't look organized in attack. I think DCE and Foran need some more games together to build a combo again.

7. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    We continue to miss Robertson.

8. Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Yes, Robbo would have leap into the air and defused those bombs that Taufua is not contesting for

9. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    What....winning would have been on par with tonights result ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Des has definately toughened up the the Dogs resolve but can anyone else see a few obvious changes in Dogs 2012??
    Have signed 2 of the best under the high ball in Perritt & Inu providing safety defensively.
    Players like Kasiano, Barba , Reynolds & Wright were going to improve at this time in their careers.
    The signing of Graham has improved the skills factor in the pack plus he has a massive motor giving them a different dynamics in attack.
    Manly have lost a few players that Des had the luxery of such as Hoppa who would have snuffed out the Perritt try & numerous other airial assaults.
    All in all I thought Tooves had the boys up for the clash & physically looked dominant & in attack more dangerous - line breaks that were tries with Snake on board.
    The critical patch (last 12) where Manly seemed lost 1 major factor.
    The silent leader who does so with action was on the bench for a needed rest.
    Beat them everywhere but the 1 that counts - not gunna blame the coach for that.

11. Utility Player

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Sorry should have been much happier, James Boags effected my posting.

12. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    We seem to be pushing passes and trying to score on every play the ball and for some reason at times I thought we cramped each other forcing the error. Defensible we there is something missing we are not concentrating for the full 80mins.

13. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    lets not forget when Des was made coach from being assistant coach,we just scrapped into the semi,s the first of his 2 years,didnt last long when we got there,look at him now,he is a deadset super coach,lets give Tooves a go,oh and I still hate Des

14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Its 1-1 and the Doggies are starting to suffer the same injury run that Manly have been all year.

Kasiano's injury is karmic:p
    '

15. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Tooves has been terrific in his first year, love his passion and kind of miss seeing him on the field barking orders to the players. I am sure he will get better just like a good bottle of red.