1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mason 2016

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Aug 14, 2015.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Has anyone got any news regarding mason for next year , he's come out and said he wants to play on but who with ? Us...

2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    Id say excactly what we were all saying last year, Willie off the bench for 15 mins each half.
    He is punching above expectations this year and has earnt another year, hope its playing out of our run down Brookie Oval.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Definitely one more year please

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,460 / 74
    He started pretty slowly but the last few weeks he has been pretty bloody good. Not his former glory but playing as well as his first year back

5. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,461 / 80
    It all depends on our coach & selectors (The Penns)...........

• Like Like x 1
  6. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 79
    Has one of the best go forward & metres gained in the team he should be signed.

7. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    I was happy when we signed Willie for this season. After losing Kingdog, Gifty and Watmouth we definitely needed a veteran forward and Willie, for the most part, has given us that. I would also say that he has probably given us more value than what Choc has given the Speels and he's been arguably better for us than Gifty has for Souffs (fair enough, that's mostly due to Gifty being injured or suspended for a fair bit of this season, but still.....).

Would I be prepared to give him another year at Manly? Yeah I would. With Myles coming into the team next year Willie will probably be playing from the bench for us if he's still here. But even though he is past his absolute best, the experience and enthusiasm he brings shouldn't be discounted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Willie is a must - need someone with his outlook on the field when it gets tough.
    You always see him cheering or calming the others :angel:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,461 / 80
    You gotta love willy......
    :)
    He is totally honest... Gives it his all & tells it like it is. No shying away from controversy.
    What you see is what you get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    I think he's doing great this year, and has earned another go around if the body is up to it.. He adds a little humor to the team, and the young blokes seem to look up to him..

11. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    Always been a fan of Mason, his off field behaviour has really been over exaggerated when you compare it to many other past and present NRL players/Manly players.

Seems to maintain a fit strong body for a front rower his age which shows his training discipline can't be all that bad(even if he skips sessions) and probably giving better numbers than Jason King in many instances. Leading a small young soft forward pack to usually hit 100-120m and 20 odd tackles shows he is putting in.

Gives some of our younger forwards a little confidence and enthusiasm, I think without his enthusiasm in our low period we might not have seen some of the forwards develop like they have.

I still think our forward pack is soft and needs to be a little more assertive and aggressive but it has improved since that pathetic Cowboys game where they sat back either admiring the Cowboys forward size or no belief they could dominate a quality pack.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +978 / 48
    Willie is freakin awesome. All our young guys need someone to look up to for experience and calm. He brings humility, humour and a steady head so I say Willie rocks and we can certainly learn from his time in the top grade.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shnorky

Shnorky Active Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 7
    Love willy
    Willy needs to be here, we need his leadership and I think jake has grown beyond expectations from him being here
    Lurker reckons he won't be at manly but he is a keeper for 1 year as a player and plenty more in a motivational role after he hangs up the boots

14. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,516 / 50
    I was extremely doubtful about his initial signing but happy to admit I was wrong. Love what he brings to the team. Nuts not keep him for another year. Resign Manly's Willie.

15. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Be good to see him go around again, so he can be a proper sea eagle, not a fly by nighter.

16. Real Deal

Real Deal Active Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 3
    I would give Willie another year, great over the last month, he's enthusiastic and a motivating force. He deserves another year with us, I'll bet the Penns dispense with him, sadly.

17. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,073 / 26
    The re-signing of Mason for an extra year is one of the biggest no brainers ever.
    Watch us screw this up too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,281 / 44
    He only puts in when he is looking for a contract. Win only match payments is the key to getting the best from him.

19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    On a minimum contract he'd be value for money!!

So a yes from me !!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Done well, played good. But on the Penn outer like more than half the squad, so CopYaL8er Big Willie.