Mark Mexico - a new prop?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
A report from Steve Mascord is linking Mark Mexico with Manly. No, he's not from south of the border, he's from PNG and plays for the Lae Tigers. He was supposed to have signed with Bradford but it seems he had problems getting a visa, and is playing with PNG's team in the Queensland Cup.

It's just a snippet in today's SMH. Can anybody shed more light on it?

Interesting if true. Could be a good signing.

I did a search and found this from the RLWC game he played in for PNG against NZ New Zealand v PNG player ratings:

"The best of the bench forwards, his bullocking runs looked the most likely to trouble the Kiwi defenders. He passed the 100-metre mark with three tackle breaks. 8."

MARK MEXICO
12/23/2013
Place of Birth: Lae PNG 5/21/89
First Club: kamung Crushers RLFC
Position: Prop
Height: 183cm
Weight: 106Kgs
Rep Honours: 2011 PNGRFL Emerging Kumuls, 2012 PNGRFL Residents vs Fiji, 2013 PNGRFL Residents vs South Sydney, 2013 PNGRFL Kumuls PMIII, 2013 PNGRFL Kumuls World Cup Team
Occupation/Study: Dipploma in Applied Science
DIGICEL Cup Team: Agmark gurias
Nickname: TAIMEN
Fav RL Team:Broncos
Fav Pastime: Cricket

PNG claimed a great first scalp in RD 1- Redcliffe at dolphin oval which is a tough task. Was the TV game on 9 so should be a replay on fox this week to have a look at the bigfellas wares.

I am not familiar with this bloke but I thought we were looking for an experienced prop to replace Richie. Seems to me like another fringe 1st grader who will challenge for a bench spot.

Has anyone found any of his highlight reels?

News from the Papua New Guinea Kumuls fb page

BRADFORD Bulls bound Papua New Guinea rugby league forward Mark Mexico is desperate to have his visa requirements cleared before the English Super League season starts next month.
“I am just waiting until February and that is when Super League season starts.
“It is the PNG immigration which is delaying my visa approval,” the Kumuls World Cup forward said yesterday.
“I have fixed all my requirements but am waiting for PNG immigration.”
He sent an urgent plea to Sports Minister Justin Tkatchenko to step in and help “because it is through politics and I know political power will get me through”.
However he is not the only PNG player, who has attracted interest from English clubs and still stranded at home because of visa issues.
Francis Paniu and Enoch Maki, signed up by Hull Kingston Rovers during the World Cup, are facing similar problems. Another Kumul Larsen Marape, who has been linked to Whitehaven, is still in the country awaiting a visa.
“So instead of waiting for things to happen and getting worried, I’m in the Q-Cup training team to keep myself fit while waiting for PNG Immigration to send me the visa requirements to complete,” Mexico said at the Hunters’ training camp in Bomana.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.
“It is a requirement from UK (United Kingdom) that I complete an English test to accomplish my English speaking skills, because under my contract with Bradford Bulls, I will be working and playing at the same time.
“I have the other requirements done but I am waiting for the PNG immigrations regarding the English test. “I’m keeping myself fit and staying positive that things will work out eventually, say probably next month everything should be okay.”

If he hasn't got a Youtube highlight reel then he can't be any good. Every other player we have signed has one, and they never make errors, every tackle is bell ringer and they score tries at will.

Chip and Chase said:
If he hasn't got a Youtube highlight reel then he can't be any good. Every other player we have signed has one, and they never make errors, every tackle is bell ringer and they score tries at will.

Yes, but Mex has an Applied Science Degree - so he could fill vidmar's Media Manager vacancy too :idea:

Hope we get him so that he can join the casting call for 'The Eagle Has Landed' with - Littejohn, O'Dare, Starling and Mexico :p

susan said:
PNG claimed a great first scalp in RD 1- Redcliffe at dolphin oval which is a tough task. Was the TV game on 9 so should be a replay on fox this week to have a look at the bigfellas wares.

@susan he doesn't play with the Hunters.

tookey said:
Shoe1 said:
Is this him?

I can see him being a real crowd favourite at brookie this year

MWSE should put this photo of him up on the player profile part of the site until they get a chance to take another photo of him.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8