1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Gasnier's comments

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DSM5, Sep 2, 2011.

1. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Just read his comments about last Friday in today's Daily Telecrap. He makes good sense. Didn't realize the guy had a clue. Total opposite to what Sairn Benny had to say. Good.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Are the comments online anywhere?

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    @Daniel
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/league-is-not-a-pc-game/story-e6frexnr-1226127732687

4. firechild

firechild Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/league-is-not-a-pc-game/story-e6frexnr-1226127732687

I agree with him. We can't let the game get out of control but it's a physical game and occasionally emotions spill over to violence. The overreaction of the NRL and the media was disgraceful.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Of course Saint Benny was tactically commentating to increase his team's chances, and Gaz tactically waited until the verdict was out.

But Gaz has told it like it is. Something Gallop would find unintelligible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    The Chief Harragon said something similar on radio a couple of days ago. He said the penalties imposed were 'amateurish'. Interesting how when a crunch issue suddenly arises you can see a side of people you have never seen before. In the case of a couple, I now have a little respect where previously I had very little!

7. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Can we read into this that Gaz doesn't necessarily like the totemic Wayne?

Unusual for a player to come out and say something contrary to the opinion of his current coach.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yes this did surprise me somewhat. Ditto A Johns. Both quality pieces.

Gasniers article would be 100% if not for two letters in the second paragraph.

"Unfortunately"

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Lol, maybe it is only the opinions of their ghost writers!

10. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    It's funny how all the current and recently retired players commenting on this have stuck up for us and called on the NRL not to react, while all the non-players and those who retired a long time ago are crucifying us. Of those two groups, I know who I would be listening to if I was the NRL board.

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    @[Berkeley_Eagle]

Hey mate, when tagging a person make sure you put the square brackets around their name or the tagging wont work.

[username] with an @ in front of the [

Cheers
    Dan

12. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Yes - and two of those squealing were Vautin and his old mate Magilla Thomson - surely the most incompetent president and CEO respectively, in Manly's history.

13. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    On the monery there; most of these guys couldn't string a clause together let a lone a phrase. ;)