1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manlys best signing for 2016

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookvale2015, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Manly have signed so manly great players walker, myles, Taupau and Parcell just to name a few. Who do you think manlys best signing is for 2016. IMO matt Parcell will be our best signing, for a long time we have had no speed in the ruck and all boring stuff from dummy half. Now we have arguably the best young hooker in the game next year I just hope he gets used as our number 1 choice rake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Boxley

Boxley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 55
    Probably Cherry Evans

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Clever Clever x 2
  3. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    We've signed well this year but Taupau is head and shoulders above the rest. We've lacked that real mongrel x factor forward for a number of years. Whilst we probably haven't had 1 enforcer we had a pack of tough players like watmough, gift, Kingy who hunted in a pack. But with the loss of them we lost our intimidation....Taupau will give us that in spades.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hitman

Hitman Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +25 / 4
    I have a funny feeling Nate Myles will be our best performing recruit next season, but for overall signing I think it will be Parcell or Dylan Walker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I think Parcell will be a revelation. With the speed needed around the ruck he is going to be a constant threat and give DCE a licence to play make with freedom and control a game. When you saw how the Cowpokes won the comp with duel hookers and JT running the show it is a sound recipie for success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Penrith

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  7. Jase Seaeagle

Jase Seaeagle Active Member

Central Queensland
    Ratings:
    +167 / 15
    Parcell could be the Next Qld Origin Hooker he is that Good. He is something Special

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 37
    Really tough to say, I think Taupau because we were missing an enforcer so he fills that hole beautifully

Myles and Korosiou are being seriously underrated on here...............as is Brown

Lussick is a flip of the coin job, he has all the attributes to be a rep quality prop or it could be more of the same

Likewise jury is out on Walker at 5/8 but we will enjoy his speed

And Parcell looks a great young prospect

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  9. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Nathan Green

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Nate Myles. With such a huge turnover, skills will take time and it will be the cool heads that help us transition. Snake, Lyons and Matai will help the attack, but its the experience Myles brings to the forwards that will set the platform before any big jump in results from 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    I've been a huge Ballin fan. Of both the contribution he's made and of the man. Still am.

And his replacement with Parcell and Api can change Manly's entire game plan. We are potentially a much bigger threat right up the middle, and if so, this must create more space out wide. We have the backs to take advantage of this. Injuries permitting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    guess it depends if half the squad are injured like in 2015.

Tapau and Parcell Will give us the biggest change/improvement.

Worst will be Walker, plugging a hole at 5/8 this year and maybe next until we can get a genuine 5/8.

Once he moves back to center he will be worth it.

• Clever Clever x 1
  13. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Moltzen

14. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    If the team gels well & buys into the Manly ethics, could well be Barrett if the 2016 premiership is won.
    The fact is he has lured most these signings, with players cueing up even from other NRL sides, with only positives & compliments about his footy knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Larry David

Larry David Active Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 2
    Bozo*

* - technically a 2015 signing but I'm putting him up based on impact in 2016

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Cliffy's Ciggy

Cliffy's Ciggy Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1
    Depends on your goalposts I guess...

Myles was the first, which played a massive part in retaining DCE and probably the others. And we needed forwards and halves the most at the time. So if we are only talking about 2016, he'd get my vote.

If we are thinking about potetnial and future growth; Kapow, Parcell and Walker all have plenty of talent and could be anything. All three are gambles worth taking, and I'd have them in that order.

I really cannot think of a better recruitment drive in NRL history.

The only thing we cannot be sure of is the coach! If he's a good at they are saying, this could be some very special years ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Taupau. He's like Watmough in his prime but better and without the dropped balls and bad attitude. Exactly the kind of player we have been missing since Watmough started slipping a couple of years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    The Trbojevic brothers when we extended their contracts rather than let them get poached.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Without a doubt for me is a fit and happy dce. If he had gone north we would of been in all sorts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    The new boys myles and taupau.