Manly young guns eyeing releases

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m ok with it..

Marty gone, Jake to prop
Siro Gone, brown in
Marty’s money to go towards another edge forward- Matterson/ Capewell
8.Jake
10. Aloiai
11. Gauc
12.Matterson/Capewell
13. Brown

Or put it towards the team @Ryan posted in another thread.

I’m ok with it..

Marty gone, Jake to prop
Siro Gone, brown in
Marty’s money to go towards another edge forward- Matterson/ Capewell
8.Jake
10. Aloiai
11. Gauc
12.Matterson/Capewell
13. Brown

Or put it towards the team @Ryan posted in another thread.

Someone told me losing Marty, Tom, DCE would be impossible. Hehehe. see how easy it is? Tell ya what, if we offered DCE for Staggs (which includes an extension for him), and Tom Trbojevic (which most clubs would snap up, say Dogs with Barrett) our cap problems are over

Someone told me losing Marty, Tom, DCE would be impossible. Hehehe. see how easy it is? Tell ya what, if we offered DCE for Staggs (which includes an extension for him), and Tom Trbojevic (which most clubs would snap up, say Dogs with Barrett) our cap problems are over
I actually think the Broncos would have a sniff..

Thank you!

Its the backwards thinking of "we have to find just the right time when everything is just perfect to blood theses guys" that has kept us in the doldrums.

Nobody is saying to these young guys "come in and fix things". That is not the reality; neither is it a matter of earning your stripes and being loyal to those in the team. You are loyal to a player who performs, not to players who have had plenty of opportunities and continually prove they are not up to it.

These young guys need to be put in, backed, and given much needed experience to develop and show what they can do. Schu and Olakau'atu should have been in before this. They should now be entering their second season with at least 10-15 games under their belt. We finished 13th last year! Playing them wouldn't mean we sacrificed ladder position. It would only put us and them in a stronger position now. So what does Des do? He makes the same mistake yet again until we lose them, or this season is bust and then he throws them in and we have effectively wasted a year.

As you stated, Walker is circa 80kg ringing wet while the nineteen year old Schuster is 106kg which would make him the biggest 5/8 in the comp along with Wighton. He is ready in every way. Put him in. 5/8, centre, even the bench if needed - just get him in. Once Ola comes back from injury - give him one game in reggies for fitness then promote him to the bench. It is also time to promote Sione Fainu or Saddler when he is eligible. Harper for Walker at Fullback - Walker back to centre (Parker out) with Suli who is on warning (otherwise Tuipulotu comes in). Hurricane Garrick as Des calls him can blow-off to Blacktown while Koula comes in (he is another Brian To'o from the Panthers in my book). Crocker out - Cust starts with Birt on the bench if he is eligible.

There is no way these changes will result in us doing any worse. We will be a bit up and down for a month or so, then you watch them (and the team as a whole) improve dramatically. We will then be in a great position to make a title tilt next year. It isn't rocket science. Des needs to get out of his own way, swallow his pride and make some changes. This will revitalise the team with youthful energy and attitude which we desperately need. We are stale, flat and not a team at the moment - the youth coming in together will unite this team.
Look I admire your input but, seriously, what is pjayz anyway? Sounds like you're going for a triple word score on scrabble or something.
I agree with a lot of your posts but the ones that disagree with me are plainly wrong. Not to mention the publication of short story-length posts is a really challenging problem for those of us who just pop in here to get some news or make a quip.
Here on Silvertails it's the quip or the dead, and you can choose which of those you prefer.
By the way I reckon Dylan Walker these days is at least 93kg if not 96

Look I admire your input but, seriously, what is pjayz anyway? Sounds like you're going for a triple word score on scrabble or something.
I agree with a lot of your posts but the ones that disagree with me are plainly wrong. Not to mention the publication of short story-length posts is a really challenging problem for those of us who just pop in here to get some news or make a quip.
Here on Silvertails it's the quip or the dead, and you can choose which of those you prefer.
By the way I reckon Dylan Walker these days is at least 93kg if not 96
I’d respond but I’d be plainly wrong again.

Baby, bathwater? Please!
I saw that team you posted a couple of days ago and it looks pretty good, but doesn't account for the fact rugby league is a team sport. If you jettison half the team you may get more skilled players but what has happened to the team identity, team culture, the team bond?
Yes those sides that are beyond redemption have to undergo that level of so-called 'rebuild'. But we still have a lot of top players!
Personalities count for an awful lot in team sports. I never played any sport professionally (only due to lack of quality coaching, obviously) but let's keep some perspective here!

I’d respond but I’d be plainly wrong again.
Well of course, but you can still make an effort. Surely you don't think Manly should give up just because defeat is inevitable!

ps I'm only semi-serious here, delerium may have set in after our round one encounter

Well of course, but you can still make an effort. Surely you don't think Manly should give up just because defeat is inevitable!

ps I'm only semi-serious here, delerium may have set in after our round one encounter
Stop picking on me

I expect people to disagree but it seems like ever since Marty had that rant about how we were going to make the finals (when he saw that motivation person) he seems to have gone quiet

We won't win anything till we get rid of DCE and free up some money. Only way that could happen is if he's the new marquee signing for the new brisbane club

Baby, bathwater? Please!
I saw that team you posted a couple of days ago and it looks pretty good, but doesn't account for the fact rugby league is a team sport. If you jettison half the team you may get more skilled players but what has happened to the team identity, team culture, the team bond?
Yes those sides that are beyond redemption have to undergo that level of so-called 'rebuild'. But we still have a lot of top players!
Personalities count for an awful lot in team sports. I never played any sport professionally (only due to lack of quality coaching, obviously) but let's keep some perspective here!
Get what you're saying , but then I think of The Storm team that had to strip bear half their team due to the cap cheating, they lost some GOOD players. Inglis, Dallas Johnson, Crocker, so, so many players (these were just some examples), they kept a small core and rebounded even better

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8