Manly young guns eyeing releases

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can't blame them if they do. Des, for some reason thinks it's the team of 08 and 11. Different players and breed back then

So going by recent similar stories Cust, Harper and Schuster are just about to extend......

Cust was recovering from an injury in the trials and was probably eased in...i know the irony with what happened to Haumole... but it might have been precautionary. He ain't going anywhere

Harper was trialled at FB to see what he offered but Des probably wanted someone a bit more vocal so not being selected for.Rd 1 is a bit of a stretch. However being a centre and with Scorpio being towelled up on the weekend he deserves to be looked at if/when Bennett sends his whole attack down the left. Either at FB or Centre...adds a goal kicking option too not that it mattered against the Roosters lol

Schuster is a standout with more potential to be a game breaker especially as an interchange player against a tired defence. Rd 1 being left out OK but a few more weeks of being left out would be stupid and maybe whispers in his ears might force him to look elsewhere for opportunity

So going by recent similar stories Cust, Harper and Schuster are just about to extend......

Cust was recovering from an injury in the trials and was probably eased in...i know the irony with what happened to Haumole... but it might have been precautionary. He ain't going anywhere

Harper was trialled at FB to see what he offered but Des probably wanted someone a bit more vocal so not being selected for.Rd 1 is a bit of a stretch. However being a centre and with Scorpio being towelled up on the weekend he deserves to be looked at if/when Bennett sends his whole attack down the left. Either at FB or Centre...adds a goal kicking option too not that it mattered against the Roosters lol

Schuster is a standout with more potential to be a game breaker especially as an interchange player against a tired defence. Rd 1 being left out OK but a few more weeks of being left out would be stupid and maybe whispers in his ears might force him to look elsewhere for opportunity
Our club playing hard ball with Schuster & other youngsters yet the Roosters have named 18 yr old Sam Walker to debut on Sunday. No wonder they’re the best team!!! That’s the difference between a good club & loser club like ours. That’s the difference between a great coach & loser coach like ours......Roosters looking & planning for the future whilst we lose our future to other clubs & we supporters have to watch these kids flourish & come back to bite us!

Our club playing hard ball with Schuster & other youngsters yet the Roosters have named 18 yr old Sam Walker to debut on Sunday. No wonder they’re the best team!!! That’s the difference between a good club & loser club like ours. That’s the difference between a great coach & loser coach like ours......
I don't know if I'd quite call our club and coach losers ... yet .... but I totally agree with your point re promoting young talent over loyalty to mediocre (at best) performers.

I’ve always rated Sipleys attitude. Before the Blacktown game I said he should be in our 17. Was at the broncos game when he broke his leg in magic round and he was having a blinder- we were all over them.

Bloke enjoys his footy and that can be infectious. He started it and Guaca and co jumped on board.Loved it like yourself.That’s what our first grade side needs.
I was at that Broncos game as well, agree with your comments. Not a single game last year for Sipley, and he is still being teased in the team list most weeks only to be let down, while the likes of Boyle and Gowski get a run. He must be a patient bloke, luckily for us.

Roosters have named 18 yr old Sam Walker to debut on Sunday. No wonder they’re the best team!!! That’s the difference between a good club & loser club like ours
May be stating the obvious but surely it's a lot easier to bring a youngster into a strong, settled, in-form line-up.
If we had won by 40 points last week Schu would probably get a run.
And if the Chooks had lost by 40 then would Robinson really say to Walker, "Here kid, fix this will you?'
Just a thought.

May be stating the obvious but surely it's a lot easier to bring a youngster into a strong, settled, in-form line-up.
And if the Chooks had lost by 40 then would Robinson really say to Walker, "Here kid, fix this will you?'
Just a thought.
So how does Shuster ever debut SE8? He’ll be singing the team song in a wheelchair with Thomas Kinneally before he gets a run if he waits for a strong settled lineup.

Cant see a strong settled line up on the horizon with Parker Garrick Croker Boyle JetSki getting a run each week.
Strong settled line ups come from recruiting good players( highly unlikely ) or taking the longer term youth route ( Penrith )or both.

Panthers were talented yet wayward and unreliable under Hook but the investment has paid massive dividends for Cleary.It may have escaped attention but we have some of the best junior rep sides in the comp.That’s the blueprint. Pain for gain.

If Shuster was at Roosters do you think Lam plays last week. We all know the answer to that.Have a look at Walker close up. Kids a genius but a runt. Looks like he’s 15. And playing next week at 18.

These kids are so confident now anyway. That “ease them in stuff “ is exactly the thinking that has us playing Foran Parker and Garrick against the best attacking edge in the league this weekend. Being a footballer isn’t enough now , you need speed.And it’s so damn obvious.

More to the point what’s to lose. Can it possibly get any worse?Have you ever seen our stocks lower? I havent in 50 years.Some will pass, some will fail. At least have a plan and give the fans hope. Des actually EXTENDED some of these tortoises so what exactly is the plan !Fans Will accept losses if they see the future running around out there. They won’t accept the rubbish served up last week by guys with no upside.

Now Des has an incentive based contract requiring instant results. Just what we need when in fact we need a long term plan. Club has no leaders, on the field and off. Anywhere. That’s the issue.

Last edited:
Fair point. I just meant our situation is different to Roosters.
I expect a vastly improved showing this week anyway, but if that doesn't happen then try a few different players for sure, especially Schu but also Sipley, Harper, maybe Funa.
Schu might still get a late call-up this week.

Yes I hope so too but physics tells me you can’t tackle what you can’t catch.

Leaving aside the sombrero issue Robinson continues to regenerate a team that doesn’t on the face of it need a lot outside of the Morris boys soon.
Sualli 17 and Walker 18 into a top 4 side which have good players to boot. He knows the game is about youth and speed. That’s why he’s a top coach and we are looking at breaking a points conceded record next week if we lose large to the bunnies.
Slow players = spoon

Can’t believe as a manly man of 50 years I’m saying this but I’m a punter and have us outright clear spoon favourites simply based on that - speed. Can’t coach it and we haven’t got it - not with the blokes Des picks anyway.

Throwing Shuster in a team that's getting flogged probably isn't going to do him wonders. Our forwards aren't getting much going to lay a platform for him to work off and he will be targeted defensively while being surrounded by players arm grabbing and apparently unfamiliar with the new defensive system.

I would think Des has plans to give him a utility spot against teams outside the big 6 that everyone is talking about to ease him in. Meanwhile he probably has targets to work towards in reggies and training to improve to a point of being ready to really capitalise.

Just a thought.
Spot on - someone with some commonsense. Schu still should be on the bench but young kids wont get us out of this hole - Des is showing loyalty and you need that in any club. Loyalty given results in loyalty received. I would guess that Parker, Garrick, Croker are on their last chance. I don't agree with Des with Walker at Fullback and Cust not in the side and Schu not on the bench but loyalty does engender team spirit. If we get hammered again which is a chance and then if next week he picks those the same team - then I think we can be angry. It is no good blooding more "kids" and get a shellacking week after week. The confidence and even the skills of the "kids" get smashed. A million years ago in the dinosaur age I was playing A Grade in Brisbane and we were all a team of "talented" kids - all 19/20 year olds - the entire team. We had a few wins but we got smashed week in week out. Now for someone like me who loved to tackle - my confidence didn't wane because all we did most games was tackle so I was in my element but to the skilled attacking youngsters it totally destroyed some of them where their confidence never recovered. This obviously would be different in just blooding one or two but getting beat by 40 is not fun. I don't agree with Des' selections but he has Davey in and Cust on the fringe now and that is a start to fixing this team this year. Let's see what the weekend and then next week's team brings. I am still confident Des is the man and we have a team to make the 8.

He has decent moments but imo he is too mistake prone and does not offer anything in attack - when was the last time that you saw him create space for another player or get a fast play-the-ball? (personally I reckon it was when he was playing centre last year).

I just don't see whatever it is that Des sees....
G'day all,His catch and pass to put Garrick in on the weekend looked simple but does require a bit of skill.
cheers mike

Can't blame them if they do. Des, for some reason thinks it's the team of 08 and 11. Different players and breed back then
I can understand Cust as he has been here for a while, but Harper, he has barely been here a year and hardly set the world on fire last season to be demanding anything

Spot on - someone with some commonsense. Schu still should be on the bench but young kids wont get us out of this hole - Des is showing loyalty and you need that in any club. Loyalty given results in loyalty received. I would guess that Parker, Garrick, Croker are on their last chance. I don't agree with Des with Walker at Fullback and Cust not in the side and Schu not on the bench but loyalty does engender team spirit. If we get hammered again which is a chance and then if next week he picks those the same team - then I think we can be angry. It is no good blooding more "kids" and get a shellacking week after week. The confidence and even the skills of the "kids" get smashed. A million years ago in the dinosaur age I was playing A Grade in Brisbane and we were all a team of "talented" kids - all 19/20 year olds - the entire team. We had a few wins but we got smashed week in week out. Now for someone like me who loved to tackle - my confidence didn't wane because all we did most games was tackle so I was in my element but to the skilled attacking youngsters it totally destroyed some of them where their confidence never recovered. This obviously would be different in just blooding one or two but getting beat by 40 is not fun. I don't agree with Des' selections but he has Davey in and Cust on the fringe now and that is a start to fixing this team this year. Let's see what the weekend and then next week's team brings. I am still confident Des is the man and we have a team to make the 8.
More like their 13th chance!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10