Manly Wolverines vs Broncos [Round 21 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How many off loads in that Hiku try? Wow! https://www.nrl.com/rd-21-magic-moment-sea-eagles-v-broncos/tabid/10959/contentid/673753/default.aspx

Did get confused at one stage seeing Manly in yellow, probably had more to do with the drinks..

Almost forgot why I used to howl, not that wolverines howl, but they bloody well do according to me now.

Matai, Ferris and Snake all attacked around the head :mad:

Matai, bless him, came back in the second half, even more lethal :D

That set of 3x5 tackles on our line defense - was Manly good :angel:

Unfortunately the numbers were invisible at the ground, and with the unfamiliar jerseys, we really had trouble knowing who was who :mad:

Toovee & Jamie at post match. Pointed to Warriors game taking out some fuel for tonight. They asked Jamie what is was like back in Eels jersey. https://www.nrl.com/rd-21-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/673756/default.aspx

Brissie Kid said:
Toovee & Jamie at post match. Pointed to Warriors game taking out some fuel for tonight. They asked Jamie what is was like back in Eels jersey. https://www.nrl.com/rd-21-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/673756/default.aspx

I love Toovey as a coach, he bleeds Maroon. This is a game we could have easily lost but its obvious the players want to dig in for Toovey.

Some interesting stuff going on at the BroncosHQ Forum.....

At half time:

"good positive scoreline going into the break. we got this"

"Big trouble if Manly decides to pull their finger out of their ass and score."

"I hope I eat my words but after a half-time pep talk from Griffin we'll probably go on to lose this match by 30."

During the 2nd half and after the game:

"This game is ****ing ****house. We really do drag Manly down to our level."

"Great, we blow three opportunities in a row and Manly take advantage. I think the players are confused because they were level with Manly instead of behind."

"Well...at least the yellow team is winning."

"Or Manly manage to not find ways to screw up certain tries during the game it could have been even uglier."

mickqld said:
Yeah but how's the kennel going ??

They are blaming the referees. Apparently they had a try or two disallowed by the video ref in the last 5 minutes that could have won them the game if they were given the green light. So once again its apparently a case of the refs having no idea.

Des' game plan isn't getting much of a wrap either. Listening to some of them you'd swear he is the problem with that side.

Brissie Kid said:
How many off loads in that Hiku try? Wow! https://www.nrl.com/rd-21-magic-moment-sea-eagles-v-broncos/tabid/10959/contentid/673753/default.aspx

They should have shown the entire set of 6 we went from nearly our own line the full 100 with class, the last few tackles were sloppy but as a set of 6 it was incredible to watch and shows just how much manly can punish you from anywhere

HappilyManly said:
Matai, Ferris and Snake all attacked around the head :mad:

Matai, bless him, came back in the second half, even more lethal :D

That set of 3x5 tackles on our line defense - was Manly good :angel:

Unfortunately the numbers were invisible at the ground, and with the unfamiliar jerseys, we really had trouble knowing who was who :mad:

Our numbers are just as hard to see, watching the Nein replay now.

And I confirm my dislike for the jerseys, sorry folks.

We clearly channelled the spirit of the Squeels for long periods of this game.

The genuine short turnaround from the NZ game (and being comfy on top of the table) probly were factors ( but I'll blame the jerseys too!)

Bit of credit to the Bronx too. They were playing for their season really, and out-enthused us a bit.

It was like a pseudo-State of Origin...perhaps not in actual quality though.

Bank the two points and burn those jerseys...lol!

:idea:

I was referring to our jerseys. Watching the replay now, and on the TV the white on yellow is obvious.
At the ground, with the strong lighting, they just blended together.

Same issue with the Rabbids jersey in rd 2. At the ground the black numbers on a glittery green background, made the numbers disappear :s

Happy that Manly stood up. They had every excuse to drop this game, but didn't :angel:

Even Kingdog was back to being an asset :)

May be my bourbon-blur again HM (and Standard Definition of Nein's replay).

Still found it hard to see the numbers on our guys.

Foz seems faster now. We need to clone Skivy too.

Just another gutsy victory when we weren't at our best (and the other mob dug in).

RiverEagle said:
May be my bourbon-blur again HM (and Standard Definition of Nein's replay).

Still found it hard to see the numbers on our guys.

Foz seems faster now. We need to clone Skivy too.

Just another gutsy victory when we weren't at our best (and the other mob dug in).

Same here RE, with my bourbon-blur happening I was jumping out through all the Nein ads (delayed telecast here) and having to re-align to the eagles in gold on return. At times we were powering on but caught a dose of kryptonite at key moments. Fortunately it only affected attack and our super strength in defence only got stronger.:cool:

The bronc's haven't been too bad this year so grabbing that win is a huge relief and valuable points. I'm seriously trying to relax as I was very stressed during the game and now I know we are in a position to make a huge run towards the Premiership.

This Manly team is tougher than a fleet of Tonka trucks. Not even Sportsbet paying out on the minor premiership SIX rounds before the finals could jinx us tonight.

The Donkeys had more possession (51 - 49%), more run metres (1357 - 1284), less tackles (272 - 279), less missed tackles (9 - 11), more hit-ups (66 - 46), more offloads (13 - 9) and more runs (154 - 147).

We had 20 kicks in play to their 23, but ours totalled 643 metres to their 545. We won the scrums 9-4 and the penalties 8-7.

The stats say we should have lost. We just keep finding ways to win even when we haven't played our best. But what the stats don't tell you is that our defence, especially our goal line defence, is second to none. The Donkey's had more ball, but they just couldn't get through our line when they were close enough to score. Line breaks from your own half are ok, but you have to go on with it.

21 touches of the ball, by 11 different Players for Hiku's try on the 6th tackle which started from a scrum :exclamation: Only Choc and Blair missed out on handling the ball :)

54:21 - 55:31 of the play going left, straight, right to Killer, then left, straight, right to Jesse, left then right to Hiku - amazing :exclamation:

Manly should have been wearing The Flash outfits with their zig zagging moves :D :angel:

HappilyManly said:
21 touches of the ball, by 11 different Players for Hiku's try on the 6th tackle which started from a scrum :exclamation: Only Choc and Blair missed out on handling the ball :)

54:21 - 55:31 of the play going left, straight, right to Killer, then left, straight, right to Jesse, left then right to Hiku - amazing :exclamation:

Manly should have been wearing The Flash outfits with their zig zagging moves :D :angel:

Watch it slightly sped up with yakkety sax playing works perfectly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10