Manly vs Penrith – NRL Semi Ticket Prices - Sat 9th Sept – Allianz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TBH its a sad thing when a finals game between two teams from the same city is only expected to fill 1/3 of a 45,500 seat stadium. Ours is the only game this weekend with two Sydney teams facing off, and we're expected to get probably the lowest attendance of the weekend in a weekend when the Cows are one of the away teams playing in Sydney.

If the game was being played at Brookvale, or even Penrith if it had worked out that way, they would definitely be putting up the HOUSE FULL signs. But at the SFS......no.

Definitely agree. Timeslot doesn't really help either. There are a million excuses, some valid, some less so, but they all add up in the end, and i think the "let's just watch it on TV" option will be chosen by the vast majority.

Suspect only the real die-hard Panther fans to make the trip. Those who prefer to drive will face a parking nightmare + additional costs with the fresh new toll in action. Expensive night out when you add everything up. Those who train it, well if you've got a good sized group you are fine, but i tell ya, some very special creatures appear on the Western Line once you pass Parramatta and the sun is down. This deters many families with younger kids.
So it should be a Maroon laced majority amongst the sea of empty blue seats.

View attachment 6557

Here is a map people for those of you who have not got tickets already.

Let's fill Bays 34,33,32,31,30 all with manly supporters.

Thanks for posting the Seating Map.

Yeah we hope the Sea Eagles fans get in Bays 34, 33, 32, 31, 30 (also Bay 35 on the half way line!).

Has anyone bought tickets today? Should list the bay bought in? Is Bay 34 now sold out? Also does Ticketek have PAX No’s? If so should list that number if a ticket was bought today.

It really irks me that the Home Ground Advantage is taken away from Manly each year @:mad:

It's disgusting. I can't think of any other sport where this happens.

Andrew Forrest should stop throwing money at trying to get the WA rugby team reinstated and throw some coin at lawyers our way to get our home game back!

Ok, you got me there lol.

But in all seriousness.....its a sad fact that the AFL kills the NRL for attendances. Brisbane have easily the best average home crowd in the NRL this year with 31,372. Both the Adelaide Crows (46,650) and Port Adelaide (38,136) put that to shame, and their figures only put them 4th and 6th respectively. Brisbane's number would only be 15th best in the AFL.

But to me, that is also proof that league doesn't need the big stadiums except for higher level games like Origins, tests (maybe) and the Grand Final. As people keep repeating over and over and over, playing games at full or nearly full suburban grounds is much better. Fans are more likely to go to games at suburban grounds, especially their own, than they are to places like the SFS or ANZ.

Unfortunately, General Toad has this "If we build it, they will come" thing going on and he thinks that fans will flock to weekly games at a rebuilt ANZ.

In all seriousness AFL is crap to watch on the TV but much better live as you can see everything else that is going on all over the field so a much bigger carrot to attend. NRL is the opposite, you can capture most of what is going on through TV including the play the ball which cannot be seen easily from the game.

The crowds and TV ratings are pretty much on par with this, AFL kills NRL in crowds, NRL kills AFL in TV ratings but total the 2 numbers together for total interest and NRL wins hands down.

In all seriousness AFL is crap to watch on the TV but much better live as you can see everything else that is going on all over the field so a much bigger carrot to attend. NRL is the opposite, you can capture most of what is going on through TV including the play the ball which cannot be seen easily from the game.

The crowds and TV ratings are pretty much on par with this, AFL kills NRL in crowds, NRL kills AFL in TV ratings but total the 2 numbers together for total interest and NRL wins hands down.

The only thing the NRL has that AFL wishes it had is Origin. Apart from that NRL only got a dedicated Fox channel this year where as AFL has had it for a couple more so i think TV ratings would still favour the AFL nation wide. NSW and QLD have a big slice so AFL would be behind here but elsewhere NRL is on the secondary network channels.

Believe me i can't stand the AFL but they do a lot of things a lot better and participation rates of AFL keep increasing at grass roots in Western Sydney. NRL will have a fight on it's hands to be relevant going fwd with the way they run things which is sad

Bay 33 for me. Feeling strangely confident. Have never seen us play the Panthers in a finals game (have we ever played them in finals footy?).

Anyone hear how ticket sales have gone for Saturday night so far?

And is it true NRL may now look to run some State Transit Buses from the Northern Beaches direct to Allianz Stadium (Moore Park)? – like in previous Semi’s at Allianz as the Home team? If so is there an announcement soon?

Anyone hear how ticket sales have gone for Saturday night so far?

And is it true NRL may now look to run some State Transit Buses from the Northern Beaches direct to Allianz Stadium (Moore Park)? – like in previous Semi’s at Allianz as the Home team? If so is there an announcement soon?
Got mine this morning. Pax up to 11k or thereabouts

Got mine this morning. Pax up to 11k or thereabouts

That’s an OK Pax No (sold tickets or tickets issued in the system). Hopefully the crowd is heading to 15,000 to 18,000 as the minimum. Ideally to crack over 20,000.

Members passes would not be in the PAX No’s so you hope another 3k to 5k might come?

I can see Manly is now running buses for Saturday’s game from the League Club (Brookvale). Hopefully encouraging more people to buy their tickets now .

…. 10 coaches are due to leave from the Manly Leagues Club between 5pm & 6pm this Saturday direct to Allianz Stadium. $10 return for Members or $15 if non-member ….

The Sharks are doing the same thing from their Leagues Club (same prices) for their Sunday afternoon game.

Anyone know how you get your members AAN number??

Also what is the best Bay to be in?

Anyone know how you get your members AAN number??

Also what is the best Bay to be in?

should have been emailed to you from Manly

there is a formula that someone put up.

Something like 20XXXYYYYYYY where XXX is the first 3 letters of your surname and YYYYYYY is your 7 digit members number

Tix purchased in Bay 33 only single seats left in Bay 34. PAX nearing 13k

That’s a good sign. The Panthers Bays you can still buy group of 4 tickets or more still !!! ….

Bay 34 & 33 combined is 2,304 seats (sold out to Manly fans) plus Manly fans in Bay 35 half way line.

So then with the Manly Bays 32 to 30 (General Admission) it should be like the old days !!

Already read today the first of probably many articles about poor crowds and obv, manly. Hopefully a lot can go. The crowd sounded awesome last week.

SCG Trust sent an email announcing complimentary access for SCG Members to NRL finals this weekend at Allianz - might add a few to Saturdays attendance given the Swannies game finishes shortly before kick-off

I agree with playing at Brookie. But you can't then compare to the afl.

The cats would much prefer to play at Skilled stadium instead of the mcg.

So the NRL puts it at Allianz. Where it can put prices as low as it can. Entertainment, cheap food. Does all it can to encourage crowds. And we still blame the NRL.

If it's a low crowd then theirs only 2 people to blame. Penrith and Manly fans.
Agree - although typically dumb NRL decision to play at Moore Park v Swans won't help. But how any footy fan does NOT want to go to a semi is beyond me.

Bay 33 for me. Feeling strangely confident. Have never seen us play the Panthers in a finals game (have we ever played them in finals footy?).
Never. Playoff in 85 - we lost in extra time, despite a Fatty Vautin field goal!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8