Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
10 4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I;ve read all tonight post now it;s my time. Lots to say but will try make it short will be hard. Not in order as lots to say. If u want to get rid of anyone Schuster, Tuilagi, Parker, Johns, Boyle, Bullermor replace with Keppie, Ben, Weekes, Vaega GCKT and Fainu. Reason we lose tonight and mose nights. No double team tackling like we did on JOLam, all hits were soft no wow factor. No team work, Kicking for goal 5th & 24th minutes shows them we can't score at FORTRESS GOLDCOAST that's what it seems like. Fifita score but Saab did't. How do u explain that we must be playing interstate. Plus the crowd were so quiet better be playing in the country town with better supports. Well the Ref were awful but that goes for not much support at home.

Our Supporters are the quieted out of all I reckon, wake up MWSEAEAGLES if me and me mates live in Sydney we'll be there every game. We havn't miss a game as members from Canberra for 15yrs, 100 of us, rain hail or shine. Wake up EAGLES show your supports, no one is as diehard as we are from Canberra. PROVE IT NOW

Look this has probably already been commented upon, but did anyone else think the David Fajita try was not a try? If he had grounded it on the first attempt (and it didn’t look like it), why would he go for the second attempt, where he appeared to lose control of the football anyway?

Not that those Foxtel flocksticks ever mentioned it.

Last edited:
Whilst ever our pathways essentially involve scouring Panthers rejects, we aren't going anywhere.
I thought that was Fulton’s strategy - when his last ill-advised intervention in the club’s affairs took place - to boost the local juniors, by you know, promoting local juniors. Instead we seemingly just go trawling for talent out in the Fairfield to Penrith backwoods.

Not certain what happened, but it’s disappointing to see a Belrose junior (Preston) turning out for the Dishlickers, who have just extended him. Not the first local product to make a name for himself elsewhere in recent times.

Weekes is about the same height and weight as Brett Stewart so is a work in progress
Just an opinion open for debate after another sh@tty performance
I was the same weight and height as both Weekes and Stewart, but like Weekes, I couldn't play either, in Weekes' case , first grade, Stewart was a champion which cannot be defined by height and weight measuement alone, much like Matthew Ridge as well.
We've had a lot of hype around Weekes for a couple of seasons now, similar to the hype around Tom Wright and Jade Anderson, a talent in the lower grades doesn't always succeed in first grade.

Last edited:
Couldn 't be more clear with the lack luster standard and effectiveness of the attack with Turbo , Koula and the Shu absent . Titans played to make a statement and were fairly persistent for most of the game , Manly just could not match them all over the park ,only offering something worthwhile in patches , Guess only bright spots . Paseka and Haumole good efforts , Tuilagi better , Croker and Jake trying their best . Garrick defending well , Bully showing his pace but pretty dismal performance overall . , Felt for the crowd , surely they deserved better

After the sh*t the Broncos put Seibold through, most likely he has circled next week's game as the most important of the season for him personally.

Have a feeling the foot was eased off the pedal so to speak for last night's game, with a huge bounce back primed for next week (like the Storm game).

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but always thought Titans would get us after the week they went through and combined with our missing personnel.

Plus most likely Turbo and Koula back with another week for Garrick, and Tui in their new positions.

Otherwise, we are truly f*cked for season 2023

The issue we have is the lack of cohesion in the backline. Again 2 tries against us because our dumb crap wingers & centers rush in to take out the obvious block run and the ball goes to the outside back to score. We do it every game with similar results. Really how hard is to cover your own opposite player.

The other is in attack where we continually run 1 out from a defensive position, most times DCE is kicking from the 30 - 40 meter mark. I get players need to get back in the line, but we are now into round 9 and the players should be fit enough or enthusiastic to get back.

Someone else posted in defense what the hell happened to the performance against Melbourne?

Agree we will be better when Toula is back, but I'm not sure Garrick is the solution to the other center spot. Whilst TT is out, guess we need to continue with Weeks but in attack he just gets man handled. I think it's a fair assessment to say our backline currently sucks.

Although I reckon, we were very harshly treated by the refs last night we were very average. If they don't fix the problem by Friday, I think someone might just put a score on us.

pretty dismal performance overall . , Felt for the crowd , surely they deserved better
Thanks @manly al and yes especially on a night like that with 10,000 fans turning up. They say the crowd was quiet, and any wonder...there was nothing for us to cheer about!

I omitted from my earlier post to mention an observation post-game was many of our players seeking out (a limping) Foz on the field to congratulate him, including Burbo and Parker. A nice ending on an otherwise ordinary night.

For all the wrist slitting on here, if you take out of any club's first choice starting 17:

Fullback
Both centres
5/8

Their backline is going to struggle.

At full strength we would most likely have won that game.

Think that is the point all are making. We have a Fullback $1.1 mil, a 5/8 on $800K on the sideline and given history I think we can all ask will they be on the field more often than not. This is 2 or 3 seasons this has happened. Have we spent wisely or unwisely? Agree it is a conundrum. What's the point to say if we were at full strength we would win, we are not a full strength and no we didn't win.

Not saying we couldn't win, but the backline needs work. I agree it's not the end of the world. Stupid crap like running in and leaving the opposite winger unmarked. Its basic training, mark your opposite player. We have so many tries scored against us every game. It's nuts. I also accept that with so many weekly changes in the backline it would be less cohesive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8